Call centers boom in Santo Domingo

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Call-Centers-Diario-Libre.jpg

The Dominican Association of Free Zones (Adozona) says there are 103 call centers operating in the National District (49.5%), Santo Domingo (12.6%) and Santiago (23.3%). These operate as free zones, with attractive tax regimes under Law 8-90, as reported in Diario Libre. They have installed themselves in the major urban areas seeking to attract bilingual staff. Call centers are a mayor employer of young people in the Dominican Republic.

Read more in Spanish:Diario Libre

24 April 2024

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
On my way home this August, hoping to engage the call centers and help improve the employees' English pronunciation, as well as their knowledge of U.S. culture and what-have-you.

Dominicana, heeeeere I come to save the day:

From the Hatsfields and McCoys feuds to the Big Red Machine and the Crimson Tide; from Spindletop to the Castro District; from the Florida Everglades to Puget Sound, and all characters in between. From the 'Say Hey Kid' to the Splendid Splinter and the Boys of Summer... and Deadhead stickers on Guitars and Cadillacs. AND to top it off, all the Scalia dissenting opinions and SCOTUS history... to inform all those international law students.

AND the merengue on the proverbial cake: pay me whatever you want, if at all. YOU're on notice, call centers.