US military airplane lands in Port-au-Prince

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Avion-Ejercito-USA-aterriza-en-Haiti-Noticias-SIN-1024x550.png

LeNouvelliste of Haiti has reported on the landing of a US army airplane in Port-au-Prince. Le Nouvelliste reported that a US Southcom AC-130 landed on Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince. The airport had been closed to air traffic after gangs fired at an airplane.

The arrival of the US military is just before the installation of a new presidential transition council in Haiti. The installation of the members of the Presidential Transitional Council is set to take place on Thursday, 25 April 2024 at the Villa d’Accueil, Leslie Voltaire, member of the Council, announced on 23 April 2024 to Le Nouvelliste.

Immediately after their installation, the presidential advisers will proceed to the election of the President of the Council.

Read...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I guess it may be. There is also a gunship version of the c130 but in this picture it doesn’t look like one.
The army doesn't have any Hercules gunships, only the air force. One of the highlights of my military career was a flight on a C130 GUNSHIP doing a live fire exercise on waterborne targets. Awesome display of power. I was given a shell cartridge as a souvenir.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The army doesn't have any Hercules gunships, only the air force. One of the highlights of my military career was a flight on a C130 GUNSHIP doing a live fire exercise on waterborne targets. Awesome display of power. I was given a shell cartridge as a souvenir.
I used to have a whole rack of spent 30mm rounds. They fired depleted uranium and that was stamped on the casing. Great conversation piece.

Reactions: bob saunders

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
Was that "Puff the magic dragon" with the 10mm howitzer mounted to it?

Reactions: Big

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The arrival of the C-130 is a sign of the US Administrations support for the Haitian interim government. I don’t think it’s the leading edge for more US troops on the ground in Haiti. If anyone thinks the installation of the interim government without intervening military support will end Haiti’s civil war, they are deluding themselves. The interim government was cobbled together in desperation by other countries to avoid sending their troops into the violence in Haiti. Without UN approved intervening forces, the nine members are token figureheads on Haiti’s dangerous chessboard, basically paper tigers. The power in Haiti still resides with Jimmy’s gang and the numerous other gangs roving and killing at will.

Reactions: windeguy

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The Red Cross were given $ 500,000,000 when the earthquake happened and reportedly only built 8 houses with that money. I presume they have plenty left over and could help fund some of this.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The Red Cross were given $ 500,000,000 when the earthquake happened and reportedly only built 8 houses with that money. I presume they have plenty left over and could help fund some of this.
I honestly don't know about those numbers, but I've heard them repeated several times.

I do know that years after the earthquake there were thousands still living in tents. That should have been unacceptable given the amount of money the RC was given and the cost of housing construction in Haiti.

I don't know if the RC is stupid or dishonest or both. I also know I would never give them a plantain gourde as a donation.

Reactions: JD Jones