DR is for food lovers; learn more about Dominican cuisine

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Sabor-color-y-calor-para-el-Mundo-Ministerio-Relaciones-Exteriores-1024x1009.png

The Dominican Republic is becoming a destination for food lovers. While international cuisine reigns in cities and restaurants all around the country, Dominican food is also making its mark. The Ministry of Foreign Relations publishes a PDF of a compendium of Dominican gourmet food recipes.

Read more:Ministry of Foreign Relations – Sabor, Color y Calor para el Mundo

30 April 2024

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
What a great article! The DR boasts a huge collection of incredible restaurants showcasing Dominican and international dishes. I have lived in many different countries and have visited 93 different countries and the caliber of restaurants you can find here in the DR can compete with some of the finest restaurants around the globe. I have lived on the north coast for 21 years and visit Santo Domingo quite often where my wife and I really enjoy some of the finest restaurants in the city. We have some amazing chefs here and I am surprised that the ministry of tourism have not pushed more for gastronomic tourism and articles like this can certainly help. I hope that they have this professionally translated as it is excellent.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Great article indeed along with some familiar faces. Some very excellent chefs.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I watched my mother-in-law make hers once. She removed the mesh part of a strainer, and then hand sewed a linen “sock” onto the frame. She made the best coffee I ever had, nothing has ever come close.
My wife's aunt in the Campo still makes her coffee like this, and it is good but very strong.