US Marshals and DEA pleased with cooperation from DR Attorney General Office

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
DEA-y-Comisarios-USA-felicitan-a-RD-DNCD-1024x814.png

Attorney General Miriam German Brito and Vice Admiral Jose Manuel Cabrera Ulloa, president of the National Drug Agency (DNCD), traveled to Washington DC, USA, for a 15 to 19 April visit the offices of the Central Office of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and other US government facilities. They accepted a US government invitation to meet the administrator of the DEA, Anne Wilgram and Ronald L. Davis, director of the United Marshals Service, Renita Denise Foster, director of the Caribbean Division, and Clifford Brown, deputy director of the Caribbean Division.

They were accompanied by the supervisor of the Santo Domingo Office Caribbean Division of the DEA in the DR, Melitón Cordero and by the US Marshals investigators Silvestre del Rosario and Sasha Zacarias.

The administrator of the DEA and the US director of the US Marshals congratulated the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The occasional , or should I say frequent, arrests makes them feel good. Lovely and so happy for them

All the while the real situation never improves. Someone else will always fill the gap and take their place,

There was another thread where it was stated in a most excellent way,
It went something like this and I paraphrase:

It is impossible to arrest your way out of this problem.

My proof to that is the next article and countless to follow on the same topic with the same result of never stopping the problem. Hard blows to drug trafficking? What a joke believed only by the ignorant.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The occasional , or should I say frequent, arrests makes them feel good. Lovely and so happy for them

All the while the real situation never improves. Someone else will always fill the gap and take their place,

My proof to that is the next article and countless to follow on the same topic with the same result of never stopping the problem.
As with any crime, drunk driving, theft, assault and rape. it is impossible to "arrest your way" out of the problem. This makes your point confusing. Are you advocating for legalization of the drug cartels, or just want the police and the community to be doormats to the drug dealers and addicts.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Sir Windy, there are many lawless places in the world to live. You might consider one.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As with any crime, drunk driving, theft, assault and rape. it is impossible to "arrest your way" out of the problem. This makes your point confusing. Are you advocating for legalization of the drug cartels, or just want the police and the community to be doormats to the drug dealers and addicts.
My points are this:

1) Prohibition NEVER works. Never has, never will.

2) Legalize , regulate, tax the items and REMOVE the cartels from what is currently an extremely profitable business.

3) Use the tax money to treat addicts instead of building new jails to hold them as criminals.

4) This will remove the immense profits from the business and defund the cartels.

5) This will greatly reduce the collateral damage of innocent people getting shot in drug gang battles and other negative aspect to the current way this is handled.

You know, just like was done after alcohol was prohibited and and legal again!
You know, just like what is being done with cannabis by various states in my home land!!

I hope my explanation was clear. There are no societal doormats nor cartels catered to. There is a country that actually did this,
It isn't a perfect solution. None exist. Is it easy to implement? No. But it is far better than the constant failures we read about almost daily.
The current methods do not reduce drug usage.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sir Windy, there are many lawless places in the world to live. You might consider one.
Thanks but no thanks. Just respond to my detailed answers. That is enough for me.
This has zero to do with lawlessness and everything to do with laws that can never work and cause more harm than good.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
you have a strange view of justice. You think tourist card overstayers should get the death penalty and a beat down, yet you think drug activity should get a complete pass and become a business. Reward the sloths that don't want to work and be productive members of the community and boot out the tourists that come here and spend legally earned monies. You must love Jane Fonda and Joan Baez.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
you have a strange view of justice. You think tourist card overstayers should get the death penalty and a beat down, yet you think drug activity should get a complete pass and become a business. Reward the sloths that don't want to work and be productive members of the community and boot out the tourists that come here and spend legally earned monies. You must love Jane Fonda and Joan Baez.
I think people that overstay tourist cards illegally should instead be legal.
Those laws should be enforced, not the outside the law workarounds in place.
Their legally earned money should buy them legal residency.
None of that has anything to do with this thread.

I don't like Jane or Joan. Never did. I am a Libertarian, not a Liberal.

Drug activity should not get a pass. I described what should be done and you misinterpret it

May age grant you the wisdom you don't currently have.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

My proof to that is the next article and countless to follow on the same topic with the same result of never stopping the problem. Hard blows to drug trafficking? What a joke believed only by the ignorant.
It's job security.

Reactions: windeguy

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I think people that overstay tourist cards illegally should instead be legal.
Those laws should be enforced, not the outside the law workarounds in place.
Their legally earned money should buy them legal residency.
None of that has anything to do with this thread.

I don't like Jane or Joan. Never did. I am a Libertarian, not a Liberal.

Drug activity should not get a pass. I described what should be done and you misinterpret it

May age grant you the wisdom you don't currently have.
Maybe you should follow some of your own advice. You are not a member of the libertarian party you are a member of the confused party. You are against the flesh trade in Sosua. You constantly disparage the men and woman. You constantly disparage the government about providing services in the small town of Cabarete like it is the center of the universe. Then you ask about side stepping paying taxes on a tip jar at a music "gig". Maybe you should move to a hippie compound in New Mexico and smoke mushrooms.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Maybe you should follow some of your own advice. You are not a member of the libertarian party you are a member of the confused party.
I assure you my thoughts are crystal clear.

You are against the flesh trade in Sosua. You constantly disparage the men and woman.
I call out what I see. It is the DR government who wants to quell the whoremongers who post their conquests on the internet that have disparaged the DR with their internet postings. I could care less what happens between two consenting adults. It is the DR government that has a crusade on this, Not me. I point it out, and you misunderstand me completely. As I said, a lack of wisdom once again. I have simply informed how the government wants to quash a certain group of loud mouthed whore mongers. But, I guess you dont' understand that.

You constantly disparage the government about providing services in the small town of Cabarete like it is the center of the universe.
It is where I live. That makes it the center of my universe. But once again, you miss the points about bad service from water and power companies. Water and power problems are hardly unique to Cabarete, are they?

Then you ask about side stepping paying taxes on a tip jar at a music "gig". Maybe you should move to a hippie compound in New Mexico and smoke mushrooms.

I am against those that illegally work in the DR. I am against those that live here like they are legal without legal residency.
There are many so called musicians that accept money in the DR who get paid for playing music. They are here on tourist cards. That is grounds for deportation. One might think playing for money at a gig is not work. It most certainly is work. That the government has bigger fish to fry to do anything about it is besides that point.

As for New Mexico, I live here and have been for almost 21 years now. No plans to move, but I will continue to point out reality. I did visit Los Alamos once as a salesman when I visited the nuclear scientists there.