Oh wow! More news from BBQ

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
The Kenyans are bringing drones with them?

My guess is the Haitians will pick off the clearly marked Kenyans using their own snipers.
They should be able to get rid of the 200 Haitians coming first in about a week or two.

It will be a bit harder to pick out which Haitian is in a gang, but I could be wrong on that.
they will have them its the new war why risk lives when you have drones 100%

Reactions: Sunbiz1

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
The Kenyans are bringing drones with them?

My guess is the Haitians will pick off the clearly marked Kenyans using their own snipers.
They should be able to get rid of the 200 Haitians coming first in about a week or two.

It will be a bit harder to pick out which Haitian is in a gang, but I could be wrong on that.
Isn’t it the US providing a lot of the equipment.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Drones will make a huge difference in guerrilla types of situations which I expect in Haiti. The Kenyans better have them. I wonder if there will be any air or satellite surveillance. Nowadays intelligence is more important than the amount of troops on the ground.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Drones will make a huge difference in guerrilla types of situations which I expect in Haiti. The Kenyans better have them. I wonder if there will be any air or satellite surveillance. Nowadays intelligence is more important than the amount of troops on the ground.
Thanks Notengo for your input based on the movie American Sniper!

• Wow
Reactions: RDKNIGHT

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Which drones will the US be sending to support the 200 Haitian advanced team?
A couple of Predators perhaps?
When I was a sales engineer I sold processor cards for that program to a military contractor.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Put some Kenyans on the Barbie?

Will 3,000 mercenaries actually be deployed to Haiti? Wow, that would be impressive and potentially drag out a struggle for up to several months.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Put some Kenyans on the Barbie?

Will 3,000 mercenaries actually be deployed to Haiti? Wow, that would be impressive and potentially drag out a struggle for up to several months.
I am confused Sir Windy, are you calling the Kenyan military mercenaries?

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Which drones will the US be sending to support the 200 Haitian advanced team?
A couple of Predators perhaps?
When I was a sales engineer I sold processor cards for that program to a military contractor.

Lol, Predators, overkill. You do know ukrainians do surveillance and take out russians with modified cheap toystore drones?

So you sold computer chips. Good for you, I think.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Lol, Predators, overkill. You do know ukrainians do surveillance and take out russians with modified cheap toystore drones?

X is chock full of those videos. Their toystore drones can carry a really large chunk of C4 and they routinely drop grenades into tank hatches.

Devastatingly lethal.

Reactions: Notengo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am confused Sir Windy, are you calling the Kenyan military mercenaries?
Because the Kenyan government wants 5 Million USD for 1,000 of them. Paid for hire mercenaries. Paid for mostly by an idiot in the USA using my tax dollars.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I just saw this post on FB from the Missions In Haiti page
"5/19 update - Things have been calmer over the past 2 weeks. Gang activity still happening with looting and destruction, but much less then before. Yesterday it was reported that in gang controlled areas they knocked prisons and police stations down with heavy equipment.
For the past 2 weeks we have watched US military planes fly over several times a day. They are flying in equipment and supplies for the international force that is coming. It is reported the first 200 troops from Kenya are to land this week. Some gangs are realizing their rule is about to come to an end. 3 gang guys that come to the bakery for bread a couple times a week, I asked them what their plans are. They said "run to the Dominican Republic when the fighting starts" I am not sure that plan will work, but that is what they are hoping as of now.
The first commercial flight, in almost 3 months, out of Port-Au-Prince is scheduled for tomorrow. It is the Haitian airline Sunrise. American and Jet Blue airlines are saying flights in June, praying this really happens. The Haitian people are encouraged that Gang Rule could be ending soon. We are praying this will happen and the sooner the better. Thank you for your continued prayers."

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Overkill is always better than underkill.

I am anxious to see how the cheap Chinese drones work in Haiti.

This is the stuff of B Hollywood movies.

What was sold was ruggedized computer systems. Yes, the boards did have chips on them.
It was a VERY profitable business.