Cibao International Airport Expansion

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
An interesting video was recently uploaded with very nice close video clips of the expansion work taking place at Cibao International Airport in Santiago province.

For those not in the know, they started their expansion in 2023.

In this magazine they have very nice big images of the renders on the outside and inside. I got that magazine many months ago, maybe it was in 2022. Some hardcopies may still be available. With Dominican magazines they tend to not do another edition of the same volume, so when they are all sold out, that’s that. This magazine is big, so the photos are bigger by definition and the double-page ones are huge.

IMG_0938.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

Reactions: CristoRey and Jumbo

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
An interesting video was recently uploaded with very nice close video clips of the expansion work taking place at Cibao International Airport in Santiago province.

For those not in the know, they started their expansion in 2023.

In this magazine they have very nice big images of the renders on the outside and inside. I got that magazine many months ago, maybe it was in 2022. Some hardcopies may still be available. With Dominican magazines they tend to not do another edition of the same volume, so when they are all sold out, that’s that. This magazine is big, so the photos are bigger by definition and the double-page ones are huge.

There's a fierce competition to become "the next logistics Hub" for the next 10 years in DR between Punta Cana, SDQ and Santiago.
Santiago took notice and they started early to keep their place.

After Punta Cana announced 2 years ago they'll build a massive free zone and logistics center, Santiago businessowners rapidly took notice and started the expansion.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don't see Punta Cana becoming a hub. Santiago is a weak second.

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
They're already in the works on it. Check the masterplan. They'll work in alliance with DP (currently manages Punta Caucedo port)

Here's a updated video of the facilities being built

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They're already in the works on it. Check the masterplan. They'll work in alliance with DP (currently manages Punta Caucedo port)

Here's a updated video of the facilities being built
I know they're working on it. In the big scheme of things, they'll be in third place.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
If Punta Cana is going to be become a major Logistics hub, they better hire a huge amount of engineers, city planners, and driving instructors as well as traffic police because we sat for one hour and went two miles because of inadequate roads, idiot drivers and lack of concern for traffic laws.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If Punta Cana is going to be become a major Logistics hub, they better hire a huge amount of engineers, city planners, and driving instructors as well as traffic police because we sat for one hour and went two miles because of inadequate roads, idiot drivers and lack of concern for traffic laws.
You have NO CLUE..........Traffic flows all the time at good speed................

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Been here many years, drive every day and have NEVER had a delay. Maybe lucky, but as Branch Rickey said: "Luck is the residue of design"..............
Happy for Sky but the one time I was there we took a taxi from Veron to Jumbo and the traffic was nasty. It was not gangs of fun.

Now, I have driven to a couple of different RIU resorts without problems. I do seem to remember a bit of traffic going the opposite way from us but the details, like my brain, are fuzzy.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Happy for Sky but the one time I was there we took a taxi from Veron to Jumbo and the traffic was nasty. It was not gangs of fun.

Now, I have driven to a couple of different RIU resorts without problems. I do seem to remember a bit of traffic going the opposite way from us but the details, like my brain, are fuzzy.
Veron to Jumbo is a one lane hwy that has next to zero tourists on. The main hwy from PUJ to Bavaro is a first rate 4 lane divided hwy that always moves at a high rate of speed. Where you went had nothing to do with tourists coming into PUJ.....................

Reactions: NanSanPedro