First Class

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
As far as the north coast is concerned, which city (or cities) would be First Class, Business Class, and Economy Class?

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
As far as the north coast is concerned, which city (or cities) would be First Class, Business Class, and Economy Class?
First Class ?
No it is closer to coach boarding in Group 5 & seated near the toilets.
A couple of average restaurants and a few nice beaches but medical services, roads, electricity, water delivery with highly polluted rivers and rampant litter are all closer make it closer to lost baggage.

Castro156

Oct 9, 2011
NEW YORK
First Class ?
No it is closer to coach boarding in Group 5 & seated near the toilets.
A couple of average restaurants and a few nice beaches but medical services, roads, electricity, water delivery with highly polluted rivers and rampant litter are all closer make it closer to lost baggage.
Wow, tell us how you really feel! 😂😂

Big

Apr 24, 2019
beef wellington and high tea would be more than difficult to locate.

Reactions: Fulano2
Aug 21, 2007
Life is what you make it. For me, living in Jamao is first class, even though we have intermittent electricity and water, no restaurants and mostly uneducated Dominicans who can neither read nor write.

However, we have fresh air, great vistas, rivers and waterfalls, kind people who are ready to help at the drop of a hat. Farm animals. Frequent rain showers. The smell of wood cooking food on a fogón . No traffic. No traffic lights. Kids still playing with old tires and making kites from trash bags. Playing baseball with a stick and a stone and in bare feet or flip flops.

This is the simple life. And, to me, THIS is first class!

Castro156

Oct 9, 2011
NEW YORK
Life is what you make it. For me, living in Jamao is first class, even though we have intermittent electricity and water, no restaurants and mostly uneducated Dominicans who can neither read nor write.

However, we have fresh air, great vistas, rivers and waterfalls, kind people who are ready to help at the drop of a hat. Farm animals. Frequent rain showers. The smell of wood cooking food on a fogón . No traffic. No traffic lights. Kids still playing with old tires and making kites from trash bags. Playing baseball with a stick and a stone and in bare feet or flip flops.

This is the simple life. And, to me, THIS is first class!
My kinda wonderful!

Aug 21, 2007
Forgive me, but if all you are looking for is something of the highest quality that you would experience in other parts of the world and only that, perhaps you are searching in the wrong country.

But I may be wrong. I have no experience with Casa de Campo and maybe that is what you are looking for. Maybe in the forum for that area is where your question should be.

I think most dr.1 posters are here for other reasons. But again, I am assuming. They can speak for themselves.

If I wanted 5 star restaurants, which I have been in, and top notch accommodations, I could do that.

But I, like I believe many on Dr.1, live here for other reasons.

And maybe the original poster just needs a travel agent who deals in this kind of travel experience.

Far be it from me to judge. But I am not sure he/she is searching in the right place for the answers to the original question.

Reactions: habi and keepcoming

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
While I do not have a lot of experience on the NC, first class living in the DR, the closest IMO would be Casa de Campo, maybe Cap Cana. There are some areas in Santo Domingo that are very nice. I agree with Lindsey, living away from the noise, traffic, just living simpler, can also be first class. It depends on what you term as first class, business, economy. What does the area need to have or not have to be in one of those categories.