Iván Gatón in Politiqueando (8 of April of 2024)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It’s in Spanish, but this is the best interview done to Iván Gatón, the most foremost Dominican in the global geopolitics. He is also (or was) a university professor and now an author. This interview should be translated to English!

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Well, Nals, with respect to this being the best interview, I beg to differ.
This was not an actual interview; they simply let him speak, which I enjoyed.

Manolo and his partner were both dumbfounded when Iván Gatón spoke about Dominican students not knowing where the Seychelles and the Maldives are located, let alone show interest in geopolitics.

And when Manolo asked him to explain the Jewish-Palestinian conflict, "for folks who don't know", they appeared über-confused when Gatónh referred to the Dreyfus Affair, the Balfour Resolution, and even Biblical Abraham. Manolo actually looked bored and clueless, with NO follow-up questions to their initial inquiries.

It was painfully obvious Manolo and his co-host never read or heard of Stroessner and/or Somoza, or the military industrial complex. And when Gatón mentioned the Armenian genocide, they seemed showed no interest in knowing anything about it.

They should limit their "interviews" to Dembow interpreters and/or DJ Topo, Dotol Nastra, and Alofoke.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Well, Nals, with respect to this being the best interview, I beg to differ.
This was not an actual interview; they simply let him speak, which I enjoyed.
That’s because you’re focusing on the wrong people. The focus should be on Gatón. The fact they let him speak was a good move from their part.

That Dominicans in general are not very worldly (not just the students) isn’t particularly a secret.