Dusting the overpass in Boca Chica

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
For the second time in about 2 or 3 weeks as I was coming home from the gym, I saw a crew of about 7 or 8 muchachos sweeping up road dust. If BC was clean and pristine, I could see it. But BC is a toilet that has not been cleaned since Trujillo (or so it seems).

But to see 7 guys wasting their time sweeping dust around the overpass is just too much to bear. WTF are they doing? You could put these guys to work in the city doing something useful. Are other cities doing this or is it unique to BC? Should I volunteer to buy some polish so they can shine the side walls?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Except for shopkeepers in front of their stores, I've never seen anyone sweeping the streets anywhere here(?).

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Each morning, here in Sosua, there is a fair number of the crew from Ayuntamiento sweeping various streets in the Batey. Additionally, the Ministry of Tourism has a squad of cleaners at both Sosua beach and Playa Alicia. This has been going on for years.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Sosua is very clean considering how much garbage and how many empty bottles are thrown on the streets every day. The sweepers come around 1am and the garbage trucks pass around 4-5 am. Willy El Chamo for President!!! 😁

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Sosua is very clean considering how much garbage and how many empty bottles are thrown on the streets every day. The sweepers come around 1am and the garbage trucks pass around 4-5 am. Willy El Chamo for President!!! 😁
Hmmm, I'm going to be up there in a week. It will be interesting to compare. Right now, Boca Chica compares favorably to Mumbai, not not much else.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Except for shopkeepers in front of their stores, I've never seen anyone sweeping the streets anywhere here(?).
They use a ROADSWEEPER in Jarabacoa.
OIP.qaLhFlXSoZjCmtQYZDRM9AHaHa

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Same here in San Cristobal. There's a whole army of older ladies out with their brooms and garbage bags.

As far as the OP's comment. It's different agencies, the highway cleaning is MOPC.

Reactions: tht and FF1

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
The sweepers in Sosua (probably everywhere else too) keep the empty beer bottles they find, make a few extra pesos selling them.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

There is a lot of street sweeping in Santo Domingo. For example the Malecon is swept every day, and the same people also do a lot of litter picking on the beach and rock areas next to the Malecon.

Reactions: cavok

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
For the second time in about 2 or 3 weeks as I was coming home from the gym, I saw a crew of about 7 or 8 muchachos sweeping up road dust. If BC was clean and pristine, I could see it. But BC is a toilet that has not been cleaned since Trujillo (or so it seems).

But to see 7 guys wasting their time sweeping dust around the overpass is just too much to bear. WTF are they doing? You could put these guys to work in the city doing something useful. Are other cities doing this or is it unique to BC? Should I volunteer to buy some polish so they can shine the side walls?
they work constantly cleaning the highway between La Caleta and the Basura Chica overpass, sweeping and picking trash and debris; believe me, if they didn't the highway would be impassable in that corridor

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
they work constantly cleaning the highway between La Caleta and the Basura Chica overpass, sweeping and picking trash and debris; believe me, if they didn't the highway would be impassable in that corridor

Totally understandable considering it's a major tourist route.