Migration overstay crack down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
I read that migration is starting to crack down on people who over stay their tourist visas by stamping their passports 'NO REENTRY" when they finally do leave DR. Can anyone confirm this?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I read that migration is starting to crack down on people who over stay their tourist visas by stamping their passports 'NO REENTRY" when they finally do leave DR. Can anyone confirm this?
Please provide us with a link to what you read so we can read it, otherwise....

Reactions: drstock

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Relax ! Wan't happen. Pay your late Fee upon exiting the country and you are good to go (and return).

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Obviously, this topic has been discussed quite often on DR1. Until it happens to someone, and they speak about it, none of it can be confirmed. You hear stories every so often, but I personally have never seen proof of it. As someone else said, do you have a link to this article?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If only it were true.

Won't believe it until I have proof.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Obviously, this topic has been discussed quite often on DR1. Until it happens to someone, and they speak about it, none of it can be confirmed. You hear stories every so often, but I personally have never seen proof of it. As someone else said, do you have a link to this article?

He may have “read” it on a Facebook thread, all it takes is one person to start a rumor.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
And so it goes. Don't worry, the government won't be enforcing the actual laws on those from tourist card countries any time soon.

What a pity.
You posted many times that you rent to tourists. So if someone "illegally" according to you wants a room for more than the 30 days do you turn them down? And they pay cash up front for 6 months.............

Reactions: Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
He may have “read” it on a Facebook thread, all it takes is one person to start a rumor.
OP has yet to share a link.
If he/ she read it on FeyBoo then I think a screen shot will suffice. If not then whatever blow back he/ she recieves is well-deserved...
as we sit here and watch this poor dead horse continue to take a beat'n.

Jan 9, 2004
So I just spoke with the head of migration at STI........and he says that there is no such stamp for a passport.....and the only thing that needs to be done is pay the overstay fee.

There is no current barrier to re-entry for an overstay.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Status
Not open for further replies.