Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Here's a quick guide:

RSV-FLU-CVID.jpg

Reactions: Drperson

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
For Covid , generally speaking the Body Aches do not kick in until like day # 3 , with a FLU, I think its Immediate , no ?
but I have not had the Flu in Decades so I could not compare ..

... but that could vary I guess. the rest is spot on

Would be interested to hear other Peoples Symptoms with Covid ,and the Time line .
I am shocked that some People are still getting it so " Badly" as still reported in the News , when the rest of the Population when getting it , its very weak .

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
There appears to be two or three types of the flu or RSV going around in my area and both are highly infectious . The variety that I had consisted of a slight temperature, sore muscles but great difficulty breathing at night . I had an increased appetite but no pain in the throat . I stayed in bed for a week taking ibuprofeno 800 and also anti biotics because I thought correctly that I may have some pneumonia .. It took me three weeks to recover fully . On the other hand I have seen countless people with the flu with the typical sore throats and tired eyes and headaches and they seem to be ok in less than a week. Rest is by far the best cure with gigantic amounts of fluid .

Aug 21, 2007
My husband currently has the flu. He is active and in good shape. As of today, he has been in bed for 4 days. Cancelled his appointment to renew his residency. After 4 days with him achy, he is now coughing a wet cough. I am keeping my distance. No time for this!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This is the first time I've ever even heard of RSV. I haven't felt good for 5 days now - fatigue, body aches, and slight cough that Broncochem takes care of. Doesn't seem to fit in any of the above descriptions.

Reactions: Kipling333

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
As Ross
This is the first time I've ever even heard of RSV. I haven't felt good for 5 days now - fatigue, body aches, and slight cough that Broncochem takes care of. Doesn't seem to fit in any of the above descriptions.
As Rossana Rossana Danna said "It's always something".

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
What ever name you may put to it , I think that if you have breathing problems ,then it is time to visit a doctor or hospital who may be able to diagnose the exact problem and treat you accordingly.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
My adventure started off (August) with the body aches, sore skin and general all round malaise reminiscent of the flu.
Fatigue.
day 2...fatigue, body aches and fever.
day 3...ditto
day 4...ditto plus the beginning of a dry cough.
day 5...ditto plus cough progressing.
day 6...ditto discomfort in chest with dry cough.
day 7...ditto
day 8...ditto
day 9...ditto
day 10.ditto
day 11.on the mend.

I wouldn't say that I lost my sense of smell or taste but nothing smelled or tasted right resulting in a total loss of appetite. At no time did I have a sore throat.
I tested (home test) for Covid and it came up negative.
It was a nasty, miserable experience to be sure.
I had received all my vaccinations and boosters including the flu vaccine back in the fall (2021).
Not wanting to take any chances, I assumed it was probably Covid, and postponed my booster (as reccomended) 3 months which brought me to December.
I got my booster on December 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.