Earthquake North East USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I felt it in Pennsylvania where I am about two hours from New Jersey. It felt like a tree fell on my house.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I felt it in Pennsylvania where I am about two hours from New Jersey. It felt like a tree fell on my house.
Well let's not exaggerate. I'm in NJ and it shook rattled and rolled for like 30seconds. Nothing in the house budged a milimeter. Some of my Dom peeps in da Bx said the same.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Well let's not exaggerate. I'm in NJ and it shook rattled and rolled for like 30seconds. Nothing in the house budged a milimeter. Some of my Dom peeps in da Bx said the same.
I have no reason to exaggerate. I am not searching for clicks. It felt like someone in the apartment above my office did a Superfly Snooka off the fridge onto the floor, or like a tree fell on the house. It was just one sudden bang. My neighbor felt it also.

Reactions: colmcb

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I knew what it was immediately and headed for the door yelling "earthquake". My co-workers - dimly lit bulbs that they are - said "is that an earthquake"? Sure, just sit there and wait for the ceiling to collapse. In the end just a bumpy few seconds.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I have no reason to exaggerate. I am not searching for clicks. It felt like someone in the apartment above my office did a Superfly Snooka off the fridge onto the floor, or like a tree fell on the house. It was just one sudden bang. My neighbor felt it also.

Very different here, about 15-20 seconds of odd shaking. I was on the couch reading, I felt a little nauseous. My AE was in the yard with our dog and didn’t feel a thing.

Reactions: reilleyp

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I was in the Shower and literally missed the whole thing ... Wife came in like " did you feel that Earthquake" ?
No I did not ..
Where the Epicenter is located did not surprise me at all. There is some interesting Topography there in between Round Valley Reservoir and Watchung .. couple of Triangles of High Areas up to like 600+ Feet I almost Lost a Trailer over there once going down a very steep Grade .
That Area has always had a very strange feel to it .

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I wonder how the extra shaking “helps” sink Manhattan faster? Supposedly, the parts of Manhattan with the skyscrapers is slowly sinking because of the weight of those same buildings.

The people in all those tall buildings had to feel it given the waves are amplified as they go up a building.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
how is this DR related? next time I post something not related to DR please remember this post folks :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Lots of aftershocks, several buildings condemned, no deaths or injuries that I heard of. All DR1ers survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.