The complete chaos in immigration at Las Americas SDQ airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
On that I have learned the sad truth. It does no mean I agree with the policy. I would like to see a no-nonsense non-conflicting Snow Bird Visa instead.
The DR could certainly look at the immigration policies of other retirement/snowbirds' destination countries and develop a better system for here. You would think the current president to be pushing that, as it is tourism related.

Reactions: colmcb

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The DR could certainly look at the immigration policies of other retirement/snowbirds' destination countries and develop a better system for here. You would think the current president to be pushing that, as it is tourism related.
I had hope when he was elected, since the party he is in is descended from party that wrote the immigration laws in the early 2000's that the PLD ignored for 16 years when the PLD came up with the exit fines, but after the past four years nothing really changed. The focus is on the Haitian situation, AI tourists and more cruise ports. I don't expect the next four years to be any different. The people that live here illegally from tourist card countries don't make a dent in the revenue stream from AI tourists and cruise ships and are not on the radar of the government. That much is obvious.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Getting a Visa you need to not only provide documents but generally you also have to provide your passport. Takes time and possibly money to get. We ALL know that Punta Cana tourists provide the cash for roads, Govt. services, and many other essentials here.

Now it is a pleasure to travel here, stay as long as you want, come back whenever you want for a small fee. And it puts even more money on DR coffers. Don’t sell the DR Government short, they fully well know what they are doing. And it works…………

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Getting a Visa you need to not only provide documents but generally you also have to provide your passport. Takes time and possibly money to get. We ALL know that Punta Cana tourists provide the cash for roads, Govt. services, and many other essentials here.
People that stay over 30 days are not tourists. Totally different subject that applies to the actual 10 million tourists who stay for a week or two.
Now it is a pleasure to travel here, stay as long as you want, come back whenever you want for a small fee. And it puts even more money on DR coffers. Don’t sell the DR Government short, they fully well know what they are doing. And it works…………
I realize the government does not care about people that illegally overstay tourist cards. They can drive here on foreign licenses and even work, Nobody cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.