US continues to prepare for arrival of UN forces

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
USA-Military-Planes-in-Haiti-Noticias-SIN--1024x572.png

Very large cargo planes from the United States Air Force continue to fly in and out of the Toussaint L’Overture International Airport in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. They bring in supplies and civilian contractors that are constructing a base of operations for the United Nations force that is expected to arrive on 26 May 2024.

This force is tasked with restoring some semblance of order in the poorest nation in the Americas which has been wracked by the gang-domination of its capital and the loss of a functioning government. Just recently, the prime minister, Ariel Henry, was forced to resign, and a multi-member Presidential Council was selected to hold the reins of government until the United Nations can get to the task of restoring order.

Spokesmen for the gangs have rejected any foreign intervention. However, in the face of a powerful UN task force, this might...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
What you and CR wrote is 100% accurate. However, even if they didn't use it for Haiti, they would waste it somewhere else. Such is govt.
If it works out reasonably well it may avoid famine and a refugee crisis. So you could make the argument that it saves money too. And most importantly saves lives.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
If it works out reasonably well it may avoid famine and a refugee crisis. So you could make the argument that it saves money too. And most importantly saves lives.
They will be so happy about the Aid they are receiving that they will make another 11 children each right away. Again: ZERO AID TO PEOPLE THAT "COMBATE" POVERTY BY MASS MULTYPLYING LIKE RABBITS !!!

Reactions: Fulano2

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
They will be so happy about the Aid they are receiving that they will make another 11 children each right away. Again: ZERO AID TO PEOPLE THAT "COMBATE" POVERTY BY MASS MULTYPLYING LIKE RABBITS !!!
You know Manual. I really don’t know if that is the outcome. Population increase. I am not good at predicting the future.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
You know Manual. I really don’t know if that is the outcome. Population increase. I am not good at predicting the future.
That's what the are doing for the Last 60 years, 14 or so Governments and several severe Nature Disasters. This time they will do something totally diferent right !? Well in this case i might be able to predict the future.

Reactions: Big

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
That's what the are doing for the Last 60 years, 14 or so Governments and several severe Nature Disasters. This time they will do something totally diferent right !? Well in this case i might be able to predict the future.
I don’t know

lasalsa

Apr 9, 2008
I wish I could bid on one of those Government Contracts. If I could only hire people that want to work in Base Ops like back in my Air Force days. Easily rake in millions yearly.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Another Useless UN Money Waste. In Gaza they have Hamas Members on their Payroll and in Haiti they will hire Gangmembers. UN = United Nobodys.
When they come to the DR, just spit on them.
No dude, no spitting. The soldiers are just cannon fodder. If you want to spit on somebody, spit on the politicans.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I have no doubts what you wrote is true. A total waste of my tax dollars.
It’s big business Windy. A big chunk of the $500 million the US is contributing will be spent on US goods and services, weapons and ammunition from US industries, and other services from the US military complex. Doesn’t matter if US funds are spent to support the Ukrainians, Israelis, or Haitians. The US economy benefits.

The US military complex is one of the nations biggest economic drivers. The beast must be feed and the role of Big Brother to the free world doesn’t come cheap. There is a good reason why the US produces, sells and exports more military hardware than the 26 other NATO members combined. It keeps the US secure and its economy going.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It’s big business Windy. A big chunk of the $500 million the US is contributing will be spent on US goods and services, weapons and ammunition from US industries, and other services from the US military complex. Doesn’t matter if US funds are spent to support the Ukrainians, Israelis, or Haitians. The US economy benefits.

The US military complex is one of the nations biggest economic drivers. The beast must be feed and the role of Big Brother to the free world doesn’t come cheap. There is a good reason why the US produces, sells and exports more military hardware than the 26 other NATO members combined. It keeps the US secure and its economy going.
Can you show me a news article where the US committed 500 million USD?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Hammer, meet nail.

Reactions: beachcomber

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I worked for years as a sales person to companies like Raytheon, Lockheed Martin and my last company was purchased by L3.
I know very well how the US government works regarding the military spending.

I still have seen no proof that the USA is providing 500 Million USD to support mercenaries being killed in Haiti.
Less than half of that...

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Windy. I posted this a few days ago and I’ll do it one more time. $300 million US up front. $90 million US up front from Canada. Another $40 million up front through USAID. The current total is $430 million with promises of further funding. Closer to $500 million when funding from other countries is added in. UN audit trails on the funding for these multinational proposals don’t have much credibility. Expect some of these funds to end up in the wrong hands for the wrong purposes. Gaza syndrome.

I find it hard to believe the initial Kenyan deployment is only 200 troops. It leads me to believe this is a toe in the water test for the Kenyan government before they commit further troops. A questionable move from a military perspective. If it is true, it may be the Achilles heel that brings the intervention to a quick halt. Trickling in troops could result in gang superiority and a bad ending for the other multinational troops.

Reactions: aarhus