Shipping Gym Equipment

mykulairon

Jul 14, 2012
Hello, it’s been a very long time since I’ve been on here but glad to see it still exists! I’ve been looking for good quality equipment that I can purchase for my home gym. Everything that I’ve found is either ridiculously overpriced ($2500+USD). Or complete trash. I started looking into ordering from overseas and shipping to Santo Domingo but the taxes here almost double the total cost. Has anyone found a better way or am I just SOL

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I'm interested in this too. I don't want to spend $2500 but would like to be a bit independent of the gym. Of course as a renter, that means you have to lug it around when you move and I do think about that.

But like the OP, I have looked around and found squat (no, not the exercise).

Reactions: mykulairon

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Reactions: NanSanPedro

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
There was a company in Santiago called Seinel, (809) 449-3432 is the number that's coming up on Google, they import used professional gym equipment from the US and refurbish it, they had a big warehouse with a lot of equipment at good prices. They may not be there any more but a bit of Googling and calling will help you work out what's what. Their IG also lists
📲809-736-2513
📲 809-443-3438
📍Visítanos en nuestra sucursal ubicada en la Carretera Luperón Km 6, Santiago.

They seem to still be trading as their last IG post was 4 days ago.

Reactions: mykulairon

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Sorry for being so direct and being the a-hole AGAIN but..... "don't want to spend 2,500$US !?!? You get shit for 2,500$ one normal heavy duty machine with weights cost between 4-9 k prior to shipping and tax. I suggest you buy some weights at almacenes unidos and/or get a subscription at your local gym.

Reactions: bob saunders

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Sorry for being so direct and being the a-hole AGAIN but..... "don't want to spend 2,500$US !?!? You get shit for 2,500$ one normal heavy duty machine with weights cost between 4-9 k prior to shipping and tax. I suggest you buy some weights at almacenes unidos and/or get a subscription at your local gym.

Depends if it's new or used.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Hello, it’s been a very long time since I’ve been on here but glad to see it still exists! I’ve been looking for good quality equipment that I can purchase for my home gym. Everything that I’ve found is either ridiculously overpriced ($2500+USD). Or complete trash. I started looking into ordering from overseas and shipping to Santo Domingo but the taxes here almost double the total cost. Has anyone found a better way or am I just SOL
Just join a gym and save yourself a ton of stress !!

mykulairon

Jul 14, 2012
Just join a gym and save yourself a ton of stress !!
That would be nice but because of where my home is it takes an hour or more to get to my closest gym. There’s one on my street that literally has equipment falling apart. I tried it once and not only were the actual weights off, the bench I was using cracked so half of my body was leaning off of one side of the bench with approximately 315lbs on the bar…

mykulairon

Jul 14, 2012
what gym equipment are you looking for?
A basic t2 power rack with cable add on, pull up bar etc. It has to have a removable bench as I would use the power rack for my squat and deadlifts. I actually found one on Facebook marketplace last week but it was nothing like advertised and he had it priced at $1700.

mykulairon

Jul 14, 2012
With all due respect Mr Manuel01, I’ve been an athlete my entire life and competed on every level. I started working out in the gym at 13. I know what commercial gym equipment costs. I also know when I’m being charged $2k for an item that isn’t worth $600. My exact setup in the US that costed me $650, sellers on Mercadolibre, FB Marketplace and Corotos were all charging nearly $2000 for used! Good Personal home use gym equipment (Brands like Marcy, Weider, Proform, Er Kang etc) usually cost less than $1,000. I’m not trying to build a commercial gym.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
With all due respect Mr Manuel01, I’ve been an athlete my entire life and competed on every level. I started working out in the gym at 13. I know what commercial gym equipment costs. I also know when I’m being charged $2k for an item that isn’t worth $600. My exact setup in the US that costed me $650, sellers on Mercadolibre, FB Marketplace and Corotos were all charging nearly $2000 for used! Good Personal home use gym equipment (Brands like Marcy, Weider, Proform, Er Kang etc) usually cost less than $1,000. I’m not trying to build a commercial gym.
Well, by now you know you aren't going to get what you want for the price you want to pay. There are quite a few stores to look through. https://universalfitness.com.do/producto/banco-multiuso-sm4008-marcy/

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I have a step machine that does gather some dust, but my weights and bench get used daily, as do our resistance bands.
IMG_0184.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: RDKNIGHT