Contamination of Dominican Beaches in Bocachica/Guayacanes/JuanDolio

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
The whole turistic Area from Bocachica to Juan Dolio is filled with people selling Gasoline and Diesel fuel and dropping it on the soil all that contaminates the beach area where tourist bathe. That is a major catastrophe.
Toda la zona turistica esta invadida por vendedores de Gasolina y Gasoil que se derraman en las costas dominicana todos los dias desde Boca Chica hasta Juan Dolio; Los turistas se estan bañando en alta contaminacion de hidrocarburo.

You can see them by the Autovia del Este all selling Fuel and dropping on the floor, when it rains it contaminate our beautiful beaches.

• Sad
Reactions: SteveK

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
Gracias por hacer uso de este servicio. Nuestro equipo estará contactándole en un máximo de dos días laborables para responder su solicitud (si aplica) o agradecer su sugerencia vía telefónica y/o correo electrónico. Si necesita dar seguimiento a su solicitud puede contactar con nosotros vía telefónica al (809) 957-6762 o por correo electrónico a dir.relacionespublicas@ceccom.gob.do.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
There are health and environmental problems associated with gasoline and diesel spills. Your aware of the visible problems because of the oil sheens created by the rain washing the spilled fuels into and off the beach sand. The other problem here is the threat to human health. Diesel and gasoline contain toxins that affect people. They have to be handled properly. Any fish or shellfish collected in the waters near the beaches may be contaminated with diesel or gasoline. Eating them would also create health problems.

Enforcement of illegal fuel sales from poorly equipped vendors should be done by the DR health and Environment departments. It will not be an easy job to get them to do that but I admire your attempt to get the problem resolved. Maybe your fiscal could help or you could get the DR media involved. Spreading the news about the problem sometimes forces politicos to solve the problem. Good Luck.

Reactions: bob saunders

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
Thanks Bob for your thoughtful advice. Gracias
The contamination with hit the tourist dollars coming in very hard; when it gets to that point its going to be expensive to solve.

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
Spilled oil or refined fuel can coat plants, soils, microbes, and animals. Oil prevents plant growth and hinders the movement of water, oxygen, and nutrients through soils. Some components of oils and liquid fuels are toxic to plants, animals, and humans

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
The effects will be long-lasting. Oil can kill surface-dwelling animals and birds by poisoning or suffocation, as well as affecting buoyancy and natural waterproofing. Contaminated food supplies mean animals may become malnourished or poisoned over time

• Sad
Reactions: SteveK

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This country is not only the most promiscuous country I've ever lived in, unfortunately it's also the most polluted as well. It took several generations to create the culture of dumping whatever wherever and it will take several generations to change. Take a drive down Mendoza in SDE sometime. The amount of chemicals they openly dump into the street every day is enough to make your head spin.

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
I hope you are right; but this thugs do not even use a funnel to transfer the fuel, they just leave a pool of contamination every where.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
The amount of styrofoam take out containers, diapers, and sargassum floating in the waters of Juan Dolio beach this past September was sickening.

This March, like it was never there. The municipio is making some efforts to clean up. Robinson Cano owns a garbage/ recycling company in San Pedro, which is responsible for JD.

Reactions: chico bill

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
One thing I noticed while in SP was the dogs and the trash. It's the same with BC too. People, self included, put the trash out in grocery or black plastic bags and if the dogs smell something they like, they rip it open and trash goes everywhere. From where I sit, we need dumpsters and the trucks to accommodate them. That can be problematic because of the small streets, but it really needs to get better.

Reactions: reilleyp

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
One thing I noticed while in SP was the dogs and the trash. It's the same with BC too. People, self included, put the trash out in grocery or black plastic bags and if the dogs smell something they like, they rip it open and trash goes everywhere. From where I sit, we need dumpsters and the trucks to accommodate them. That can be problematic because of the small streets, but it really needs to get better.
Yes! Exactly. That is what I have been saying for a long time.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Here is a solution:

New York Mets: Robinson Cano investing in hometown, environment

Abinader inaugurates the Robinson Canó recycling plant

It appears someone at Dominican today has a problem with it, as they published 2 articles last year calling it “scandalous” that Cano has no experience in the recycling or waste management business.

Trash scandal: baseball star’s company has no experience

Drugs are scandalous, but trying to clean up the sprawling trash problem in San Pedro is not.

The company, RJC Clear goes around barrios picking up garbage in trash compacting trucks. I can’t post pictures with my phone without uploading to a photo sharing site first. I’ll see if I can later on.

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We know the problems already. Very thankful for Solution Proposals

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We know the problems already. Very thankful for Solution Proposals
Solutions that remain free of corruption in the long term remain to be seen.