Shipping Gym Equipment

mykulairon

Jul 14, 2012
Hello, it’s been a very long time since I’ve been on here but glad to see it still exists! I’ve been looking for good quality equipment that I can purchase for my home gym. Everything that I’ve found is either ridiculously overpriced ($2500+USD). Or complete trash. I started looking into ordering from overseas and shipping to Santo Domingo but the taxes here almost double the total cost. Has anyone found a better way or am I just SOL

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I'm interested in this too. I don't want to spend $2500 but would like to be a bit independent of the gym. Of course as a renter, that means you have to lug it around when you move and I do think about that.

But like the OP, I have looked around and found squat (no, not the exercise).

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Reactions: NanSanPedro

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
There was a company in Santiago called Seinel, (809) 449-3432 is the number that's coming up on Google, they import used professional gym equipment from the US and refurbish it, they had a big warehouse with a lot of equipment at good prices. They may not be there any more but a bit of Googling and calling will help you work out what's what. Their IG also lists
📲809-736-2513
📲 809-443-3438
📍Visítanos en nuestra sucursal ubicada en la Carretera Luperón Km 6, Santiago.

They seem to still be trading as their last IG post was 4 days ago.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Sorry for being so direct and being the a-hole AGAIN but..... "don't want to spend 2,500$US !?!? You get shit for 2,500$ one normal heavy duty machine with weights cost between 4-9 k prior to shipping and tax. I suggest you buy some weights at almacenes unidos and/or get a subscription at your local gym.

Reactions: bob saunders

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Sorry for being so direct and being the a-hole AGAIN but..... "don't want to spend 2,500$US !?!? You get shit for 2,500$ one normal heavy duty machine with weights cost between 4-9 k prior to shipping and tax. I suggest you buy some weights at almacenes unidos and/or get a subscription at your local gym.

Depends if it's new or used.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Hello, it’s been a very long time since I’ve been on here but glad to see it still exists! I’ve been looking for good quality equipment that I can purchase for my home gym. Everything that I’ve found is either ridiculously overpriced ($2500+USD). Or complete trash. I started looking into ordering from overseas and shipping to Santo Domingo but the taxes here almost double the total cost. Has anyone found a better way or am I just SOL
Just join a gym and save yourself a ton of stress !!