A Dominican immigration agent is accused of raping a Haitian woman who was detained at an airport

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
In this day and age, we need to know what is meant by rape.

While in that article it says that she "allegedly" showed false documents, in the Dominican media it said she attempted to go to Nicaragua on a fake visa (nothing allegedly.) That's why she was detained by immigration. That doesn't excuse the rape part, but she was also attempting to do something wrong.

Reactions: Squat

Big

Apr 24, 2019
it is very difficult for a man to defend against this allegation. If she has DNA that is one thing, otherwise it is likely a smoke screen to avoid deportation.

Reactions: JD Jones

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
In this day and age, we need to know what is meant by rape.

While in that article it says that she "allegedly" showed false documents, in the Dominican media it said she attempted to go to Nicaragua on a fake visa (nothing allegedly.) That's why she was detained by immigration. That doesn't excuse the rape part, but she was also attempting to do something wrong.

Oh come on. Firstly holding a fake visa for another country isn't exactly a serious crime in Dominican Republic. I can't quite see what this has to do with Dominican immigration as she was leaving the country. And if she can prove that she has the guys DNA and she calls rape he is going to to have a tough time explaining how this happened. There is nothing which justifies a détention officer having sex with a detainee in a cell especially in front of a child.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Oh come on. Firstly holding a fake visa for another country isn't exactly a serious crime in Dominican Republic. I can't quite see what this has to do with Dominican immigration as she was leaving the country.
Are you saying that people aren't detained in Dominican airports if they have a fake visa for the USA? Canada? Spain? Dominicans certainly are. I don't see why it would be different for other people.

And if she can prove that she has the guys DNA and she calls rape he is going to to have a tough time explaining how this happened. There is nothing which justifies a détention officer having sex with a detainee in a cell especially in front of a child.
Yes, but the keyword is "prove." The child could also be asked multiple times to explain what he/she saw during that time. It still remains a question regarding what is meant by rape in this occasion.

Reactions: Big

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Are you saying that people aren't detained in Dominican airports if they have a fake visa for the USA? Canada? Spain? Dominicans certainly are. I don't see why it would be different for other people.

Yes, but the keyword is "prove." The child could also be asked multiple times to explain what he/she saw during that time. It still remains a question regarding what is meant by rape in this occasion.

Wtf ? " I swear I only dipped the tip in.... It's not really rape. "🤔