Bullying & Abuse Exposition at Agora Mall

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Santo Domingo's Ágora Mall will be hosting until November 24 an exposition about bullying and abuse in all its forms. This is to create more awareness of how abuse affects people, which in the Dominican Republic 3 of 10 kids are currently suffering one type of abuse (psychological -manipulation, blackmail & harrassment-, social exclusion & invisibility, invasión -personal space & private property-, verbal -derogatory nicknames & jokes-, physical -violence- , difamation -spreading personal information and photos of someone without their consent- and cyberbullying -abuse & exclusion in the internet-.)

This is brought by JUMBO. The designers of each exposition are Carla Domínguez, Koco Toribio, Shana Cohen, Carolina López, Leblancstudios, Karla Dipuglia and Diego Ordeix.

JH1pEOu.jpg

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
This is good and hopefully it changes some attitudes. I've read some real bullying horror stories online. I experienced it a little in 5th grade until I beat up the bully. Then I became cool. But it doesn't compare with the abuse some kids have to go thru. It just ain't right.

Reactions: bachata and Lucifer

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
This is good and hopefully it changes some attitudes. I've read some real bullying horror stories online. I experienced it a little in 5th grade until I beat up the bully. Then I became cool. But it doesn't compare with the abuse some kids have to go thru. It just ain't right.
I fought several times in highschool, moved from Santiago to SD during my teens years and received lots of bullying from my classmates Capitaleños they used to call me country guy and laughed of me because I used to talk with the I.

JJ

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Bullying has been around for a long time. Used to be you just met in the school yard after school, maybe threw some punches, end of story. Now it is on a whole new level. Shame...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My oldest son got bullied in high school because he was a slight guy with fine facial features. After going berserk several times, and getting suspended, he got a little smarter and got his revenge off school property. Told the ones he couldn't get revenge on that they better be looking over their shoulders for the rest of their lives. He grew into 6 ft 1 , 200 lbs. of muscle and got revenge on every one of his bullies.

Reactions: JD Jones

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I fought several times in highschool, moved from Santiago to SD during my teens years and received lots of bullying from my classmates Capitaleños they used to call me country guy and laughed of me because I used to talk with the I.

JJ
This hasn't subsided. Every Santiaguero will tell you of a time a capitaleño referred to them or to Santiago as a campo. The same could be said about many capitaleños majing fun of cibaeños with the usage of the I (like the Capital is excempt from doing the samething nut with the L.)

I'll parafrase Hipólito Mejía when he was talking about some other politician he knew and said something to him with the L: "no fue que se masticó la lengua, es que era capitaleño." LOL

Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
This hasn't subsided. Every Santiaguero will tell you of a time a capitaleño referred to them or to Santiago as a campo. The same could be said about many capitaleños majing fun of cibaeños with the usage of the I (like the Capital is excempt from doing the samething nut with the L.)

I'll parafrase Hipólito Mejía when he was talking about some other politician he knew and said something to him with the L: "no fue que se masticó la lengua, es que era capitaleño." LOL
I went through a lot in that highschool, other than being a Cibaeño in the Capital there was another concern I have to deal with... I was a low-midle class teenager in the most expensive Private school in SD at that time.
My Mom got a scholarship for me to attend classes in that school.
A year later I was the Basketball team center player and made some good friends.
I was a good Tacuando karate fighter, brown belt age 15 in Santiago Club Obrero.

JJ

Reactions: bob saunders