Europeans stay away from Cuba !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
For all the Europeans out there; Be aware about any trip to cuba. Recently a lot of companies incl. Air Century are promoting cheap flights from Santo Domingo or Punta Cana to Cuba.
BEAWARE !!! If you are a European Passport Holder, the US will exclude you from their Visa Waiver Program (VWP) after you travel to Cuba. You will not be able to enter the US again without a VISA. Yes you will need to apply for a Visa at the Consulate of your Country or her (here only if you have a valid DR cedula). Not worst it ! Just happened to a german friend of mine. He now needs to go back to germany to have this issue resolved,

Reactions: Fulano2

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not sure if their operation is still running but trips used to be available out the Errol Flynn Marina in Port Antonio, Jamaica that would take you in and out of Cuba by boat with zero need to have your passport stamped...
for anyone who's interested in seeing more poverty.

Reactions: Neargale and cavok

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I always thought that Cuba did not stamp passports rather they give a stamp on a separate paper. At least that was the experience some of my family had. Maybe it has changed. May be interesting to hear what issues a Dominican citizen who has traveled to Cuba but later tries for a US Visa may/will have.

Reactions: cavok

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Not sure if their operation is still running but trips used to be available out the Errol Flynn Marina in Port Antonio, Jamaica that would take you in and out of Cuba by boat with zero need to have your passport stamped...
for anyone who's interested in seeing more poverty.
I thought Cubans giving choice to Americans to stamp passport!

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I always thought that Cuba did not stamp passports rather they give a stamp on a separate paper. At least that was the experience some of my family had. Maybe it has changed. May be interesting to hear what issues a Dominican citizen who has traveled to Cuba but later tries for a US Visa may/will have.
no positives one's for sure ! i wouldn't try it !

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
who cares ? they can't do nothing to fellow americans. What they gonna do ??? Not let them in into their own country after visiting cuba !? It's the Non Us Citizens that must watch out.

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
For all the Europeans out there; Be aware about any trip to cuba. Recently a lot of companies incl. Air Century are promoting cheap flights from Santo Domingo or Punta Cana to Cuba.
BEAWARE !!! If you are a European Passport Holder, the US will exclude you from their Visa Waiver Program (VWP) after you travel to Cuba. You will not be able to enter the US again without a VISA. Yes you will need to apply for a Visa at the Consulate of your Country or her (here only if you have a valid DR cedula). Not worst it ! Just happened to a german friend of mine. He now needs to go back to germany to have this issue resolved,

I was in Cuba twice in the late 1990's and I told the Cuban Customs official not to stamp my passport. Easy-pezzy

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Lots of US citizens living near the Canadian border drive across and get a return flight to Cuba from a Canadian airport. Cheaper and very safe for them. The Cuban government doesn’t stamp their passports.

I have friends who visited Cuba in October. They don’t stamp Canadian passports if you tell them you travel between Canada and the US. Cuba still gets a large number of Canadian tourists annually. Even my small airport offers direct flights and AI packages to Cuba on SunWing.

I can’t see why they would treat EU tourists differently and require mandatory stamping of their passports. Cuba is desperate for tourism revenue.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Lots of US citizens living near the Canadian border drive across and get a return flight to Cuba from a Canadian airport. Cheaper and very safe for them. The Cuban government doesn’t stamp their passports.

I have friends who visited Cuba in October. They don’t stamp Canadian passports if you tell them you travel between Canada and the US. Cuba still gets a large number of Canadian tourists annually. Even my small airport offers direct flights and AI packages to Cuba on SunWing.

I can’t see why they would treat EU tourists differently and require mandatory stamping of their passports. Cuba is desperate for tourism revenue.
What is the attraction for Cuba over the DR or other Caribbean countries? For me, it's just not worth going.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
What is the attraction for Cuba over the DR or other Caribbean countries? For me, it's just not worth going.
Canadians in my area, Atlantic Canada, seems to gravitate towards Cuba with Punta Cana running a close second.. Our small airports have limited direct flights to most islands and direct flights to Cuba and Punta Canada. Most people like to get there the easiest way, especially of they’re travelling with kids or in groups. Cuban AI packages are a bit cheaper than DR prices and Cuba has had a loyal Canadian clientele for decades.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Now the the US government has real time access to all the airline manifests, so names and passport scans or anyone going to Cuba is automatically available to the US Gestapo. Thank the Patriot Act.

Israel used to provide a fly leaf stamp so those of us working in Muslim countries could visit. Now I assume they know too.

Welcome to the age of digital tracking.
You don't need an Apple Air Tag to know where your lost bag is - it can be tracked on your cell phone as baggage barcodes scan it and report to your cell phone.

This is just the tip of Orwell's prognostications in 1984 - As Bob Dylan told us: "You don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." The US also knew which person had received their Covid fake-prophylactic.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I wouldn’t be giving the advice to just ask them to not stamp your passport when you enter Cuba. Next time you renew your Esta which is every two years you will now be lying to US immigration about having been in Cuba. If you as an Esta traveler in the visa waiver program want to be sure to keep that status don’t go to Cuba. I have a friend who is part Danish and part American but he never bothered getting US citizenship. He went to Iran and now will have to apply for a US visa to travel to the United States. He is quite sad about his mistake.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Have you been there? The Cuban music scene is much different(better) but other than that, it is a personal thing. We have relatives there, in southern Cuban (Spanish connection) One brother went to the DR, and the other Cuba. Most of the family now live in Miami or Spain. Cuba is generally safer (crime wise than most other islands and has fantastic beaches) It is a crime what communism has done to the country, but Cubans are friendly people, and would give you the shirt off their back, if they had one. If you are a single guy Cuba has a lot of attractive, relatively educated women.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Now the the US government has real time access to all the airline manifests, so names and passport scans or anyone going to Cuba is automatically available to the US Gestapo. Thank the Patriot Act.

Israel used to provide a fly leaf stamp so those of us working in Muslim countries could visit. Now I assume they know too.

Welcome to the age of digital tracking.
You don't need an Apple Air Tag to know where your lost bag is - it can be tracked on your cell phone as baggage barcodes scan it and report to your cell phone.

This is just the tip of Orwell's prognostications in 1984 - As Bob Dylan told us: "You don't need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." The US also knew which person had received their Covid fake-prophylactic.
100% True. That's exactly what happened to my German friend. His mandatory ESTA Registration prior to his travel was denied because of his cuba visit. They already knew. This is scary !!!

• Wow
Reactions: cavok and aarhus

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
My wife and I went to Cuba about a year and a half ago. We had not been in about 14 years and it was not what we remembered. Stayed at a Melia and it was awful. Food was almost inedible, alcohol was low end, the resort was in dire need of repair.

Between covid and the on going US sanctions it is not a great place to visit

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Dominicans no longer need a visa to enter the US. I personally know a few who have family members who've moved up to NYC recently.
I kid you not, they literally just walked across the border about a mile from a border station in south Texas and two days later they were bussed to New York free of charge.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Dominicans no longer need a visa to enter the US. I personally know a few who have family members who've moved up to NYC recently.
I kid you not, they literally just walked across the border about a mile from a border station in south Texas and two days later they were bussed to New York free of charge.
How did they get into Mexico ?

Status
Not open for further replies.