Garbage Collection in Sosúa

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Fabio,
I have just received a bill for garbage collection in Sosua. Since I have lived in the place where I live for the last few years I have never received a bill for garbage collection. Yesterday I was delivered a bill for 22,000 pesos for garbage collection over the last few years. I will not deny that I did not receive the service, because I did. But my question is if I really should pay this amount considering that I was not billed for it each month? This new administration looks like they are finally getting things organized unlike the last administration, but should I be paying a bill that should have been collected by the last administration? I have no problem paying for a service that I have received providing that I am billed on a regular basis, but is it really my responsibility to pay something that I was never billed for?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I would go to the appropriate city office and try to negotiate a fairer price. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Pls let us know how this situation works out for you. Success may hinge on whether you can convince them that you had no idea it was a billable service provided by the city and it is unfair to spring this on your so suddenly without advanced notice.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
..well the new President promised a change, I guess this was yours... I got the same thing on my water bill in Santiago...used to be $1200 pesos with garbage collection, last one was $7200 pesos that was my change..still talking to water company..........

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I also got a bill which is for the past 3 years. They don't even provide garbage pick up service where I live.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I also got a bill which is for the past 3 years. They don't even provide garbage pick up service where I live.
Pls let us know if you are successful in getting this charge removed. I assume you are going to dispute the charge as there was no service for the fee being imposed.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Pls let us know if you are successful in getting this charge removed. I assume you are going to dispute the charge as there was no service for the fee being imposed.
I'm just going to ignore it. As soon as you dispute it, they can of worms is open and they will find an excuse.