Help Me Understand this sleeping routine

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I told my GF that I might be coming down. I told her I would get a 2 bedroom apt for a week, She has 2 children... a daughter 16 and a son 10.
I asked her how many BEDS in the childrens bedroom... She said ONE...
Maybe this is something with the culture but in my mind to have a 16 yo girl in the same bed as her 10 brother doesn't seem right

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I can't comment on Dominicans but this is absolutely normal in Haiti. If possible, they will split between the 2 genders, but because of lack of space, $, and beds, many will sleep together. The operative word being sleep.

Reactions: CristoRey

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I told my GF that I might be coming down. I told her I would get a 2 bedroom apt for a week, She has 2 children... a daughter 16 and a son 10.
Maybe this is something with the culture but in my mind to have a 16 yo girl in the same bed as her 10 brother doesn't seem right
You’re not in Kansas anymore.

I know one family who sleeps entire family in one room, parents, 2 sons, one daughter, all kids mid- late teens.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This is normal down here.
Welcome to Wonderland.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Totally normal here. Just get an apto with twin beds in one bedroom. She won't be insulted and the kids will be grateful.
So both the children are going to sleep on a single twin bed. Why would that make them grateful.. I would think if they had their own bed they would be grateful. AND do you expect me to sleep with my gf on a single twin... Am I missing something in your answer

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So both the children are going to sleep on a single twin bed. Why would that make them grateful.. I would think if they had their own bed they would be grateful. AND do you expect me to sleep with my gf on a single twin... Am I missing something in your answer
🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Reactions: rubio_higuey

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Ken I'll give you an example. I'm not rich, probably middle class by US standards. I have a modest 2 bedroom. My two kids share a bed. I got a futon for guests. When my kids' mother visits and stays they all pile in the bed together it looks like a jigsaw puzzle. And they are as happy as can be. It's a nice futon too. Oh well.

I wouldn't sleep in a twin bed with anyone. I wouldn't sleep on the floor because i know this guy who got drunk passed out on the floor and a centipede crawled into his mouth and bit his lip.

Again, just my experience!

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
AND now here comes the question I have been holding back on.
There have been exchanges of "hacer el amor". Not sure what is expected and what is not appreciated or is appreciated.
I know there are experts on this forum...

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Ken I'll give you an example. I'm not rich, probably middle class by US standards. I have a modest 2 bedroom. My two kids share a bed. I got a futon for guests. When my kids' mother visits and stays they all pile in the bed together it looks like a jigsaw puzzle. And they are as happy as can be. It's a nice futon too. Oh well.

I wouldn't sleep in a twin bed with anyone. I wouldn't sleep on the floor because i know this guy who got drunk passed out on the floor and a centipede crawled into his mouth and bit his lip.

Again, just my experience!
Gracias, I assume you live in DR. So you think a 16 yo girl likes sleeping next to her 10yo brother... Hey, I am very open-minded but maybe this type of behavior contributes to the early pregnancies with no daddy at home. Just my .02 OH, and now they have centipedes over there..

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas