Pedidos Ya.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You all may know this already, but there is a delivery service available here called Pedidos Ya. You can find it in the Google play store.

All you have to do is look at the restaurants listed, place an order, and they deliver it to your home. Delivery prices are very reasonable IMHO.

I just discovered them a month ago, and since then I have had many orders delivered without an issue.

You may even discover a few restaurants nearby you didn't know existed.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
In the capital I used Ubereats and in Las Terrenas there is something called Komida but I never used it.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Pedidos Ya is not available in the Sosua/Cabarete area...not even sure if it is in Puerto Plata either. I have used them in Santo Domingo though

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Big city problems. Pedidosya functions perfectly here in SC.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
May 13, 2024

These guys are the reason the Uruguayan PedidosYa! made it to the DR and turn it into the number 1 food delivery app in the country.

PS. I think they owe a check or two to JD Jones for being the biggest promoter of PedidosYa! among DR1ers. lol

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Something my wife will never consent to using. Not ever. No delivery of food. Not happening.

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
What is the service area for this company here on the north coast?
Only Puerto Plata. There's a "black hole" from Montellano to Nagua on the delivery service. Loads of entrepreneurs tried for years to push their systems into Sosua and Cabarete on delivery services, yet everyone has failed. So far, Komida has been consistent over the last two years, but not with the powerhouse like Pedidos, or Uber are.

Kinda interesting to say that since @JD Jones started this post, now we have a duopoly on delivery apps nationwide: Only Pedidos or Uber Eats control the market. 4 years ago players like Didi, Glovo, Hugo, ADomicilio were fully operational.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Pedidos has been delivering in Santiago for a couple of years now.
My neighbors use them all the time,

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Only Puerto Plata. There's a "black hole" from Montellano to Nagua on the delivery service. Loads of entrepreneurs tried for years to push their systems into Sosua and Cabarete on delivery services, yet everyone has failed. So far, Komida has been consistent over the last two years, but not with the powerhouse like Pedidos, or Uber are.

Kinda interesting to say that since @JD Jones started this post, now we have a duopoly on delivery apps nationwide: Only Pedidos or Uber Eats control the market. 4 years ago players like Didi, Glovo, Hugo, ADomicilio were fully operational.
Survival of the fittest. People will go with the one that works.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008

I think Didi is still doing taxi at least. Hugo closed ? I have only used Uber and Ubereats.

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
I think Didi is still doing taxi at least. Hugo closed ? I have only used Uber and Ubereats.
Yes, Didi still on business, @aarhus

Delivery Hero (the owner of PedidosYa) bought Hugo in 2021

Reactions: aarhus