Summer heat has been the worst this 2023

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The climate change discussion is taking the thread off topic. No more posts about climate change issues.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Well then, how do we discuss the hottest year in 125??

Not allowed to talk about what caused it
You have to know, since I did not intervene yesterday, that my issue is with the turn of the thread this morning to the controversy surrounding the reality of climate change and not the effects being seen in current weather patterns.

Reactions: drstock and SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You have to know, since I did not intervene yesterday, that my issue is with the turn of the thread this morning to the controversy surrounding the reality of climate change and not the effects being seen in current weather patterns.
Some people would rather watch Cable News than go outside and look up............

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I'm just happy we are in the Christmas season and soon las brisas de navidad will be upon us. When i got here in 2004 it was hot. It's been hot since then. I was born naked in the snow, so that's kind of hard to flush out of the DNA, but here in DR, the AC, hot morenitas and an ice cold Presidente, (brought to us by our friends at the Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana), help tremendously to forget the heat. Have a blessed day!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
My MIL, recently died and her house still has the fridge plugged in, a two battery inversor, and washing machine used every Saturday, so about 4 times a month. Bill is around 750. We had a 5000 peso bill for our house in August, using a lot of AC. That is several thousand more than normal. This month our bill was 1508 pesos.
Something is fishy(?). The disparities are just too great.

RollingStone

Nov 9, 2019
Something is fishy(?). The disparities are just too great.
This summer we ran 2 12000 btu inverter AC's every night. During the tough heat of the last two months I ran one of the units around 14 hrs/day. Two fans running, fridge, and a clothes washer that's abused. The highest bill was 5300 pesos. This is in Santiago with Edenorte.

It's possible someone has piggybacked on your line as another poster stated.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Someone may have piggybacked on your line. Have someone check it..........
I'm in a condo so that's hard to do, but I did have it checked. I also had the meter swapped. If you only run the A/C at night, I can see possibly getting down into the 5000 peso range.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I'm in a condo so that's hard to do, but I did have it checked. I also had the meter swapped. If you only run the A/C at night, I can see possibly getting down into the 5000 peso range.
Have you compared your bill with anyone eles's in the Condo to see how it stacks up?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The way my house, and the two houses across the street that are also ours are situated it is very difficult if not impossible for somebody to do an illegal tapin.