Third World or Second World ???

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Pichardo,
If you true blue Dominican guys ever do manage to buy back the D.R. from the IMF, then do you think you could ever turn the D.R. into a place whose institutions actually worked well yet at the same time kept the freedoms and easy going lifestyle that Dominicans and ex-pats both take for granted?

Or are those things mutually exclusive?

If so could you achieve this without another dictator?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Pichardo's "Dominican Logic".
"It's worse everywhere else"!
Reminds me of a guy who's wife is cheating on him with six guys,saying,But the guy who lives next door's wife is cheating on him with SEVEN guys"!!!!!"
He must sleep much better knowing THAT!!!!!!!!
CC

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Pichardo's "Dominican Logic".
"It's worse everywhere else"!
Reminds me of a guy who's wife is cheating on him with six guys,saying,But the guy who lives next door's wife is cheating on him with SEVEN guys"!!!!!"
He must sleep much better knowing THAT!!!!!!!!
CC

Of course CC you had them both beat by a mile, at least according to you. That's the pot calling the kettle black ain't it? BTW, does that make you Dominican or something far worse????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Somebody Just FART"???????????????? :confused:
Or is that your breath that smells like $hit"??????? :D:D:D
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You made it that far?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This is not what I intended when I started this thread..... schoolboy banter.

Empty vessels and empty boys are the ones that make the loudest noise..

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
1-Water heater manufacturer (Whirlpool) contacted concerned to failure of of appliance still under guaranty....
Gave me an authorization number to go and get the parts that I need at Lows Store and the one they didn't have in stock here in Raleigh shipped with an arrival time of two days.....

2-Order placed on line at partsgeek.com, two shocks absorbers and a door handle for my Camry.... Package shipped same day, Email received with confirmation and tracking number. Parts arrived destination same day and time as scheduled by carrier.

That's what I call developed country, I would like this would be possible in DR.

JJ

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
1-Water heater manufacturer (Whirlpool) contacted concerned to failure of of appliance still under guaranty....
Gave me an authorization number to go and get the parts that I need at Lows Store and the one they didn't have in stock here in Raleigh shipped with an arrival time of two days.....

2-Order placed on line at partsgeek.com, two shocks absorbers and a door handle for my Camry.... Package shipped same day, Email received with confirmation and tracking number. Parts arrived destination same day and time as scheduled by carrier.

That's what I call developed country, I would like this would be possible in DR.

JJ

If the golden Goose would be real, if dogs didn't bark so much, if women were logical, if, if, if...

The Law of the land is easy to interpret, if you don't like it move along and let others bath in rejoice for what they call their Eden on Earth.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

JJ

Ningun lugar en este mundo es completo.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
First/Second/Third world may be outdated terms in political parlance but they're alive and well in the popular mind:

First World Problems | Know Your Meme

This thread is evidence that "Second World" has come to mean something in between, in popular discourse at least.

I think it has more to do with the perception of being a third world than the reality in how the developing world is seen from the first worlder's perspective.

There are pronounced differences on how many nations develop, some do it in spite of having a great cultural attachment to their roots (like India and China) whilst others just adopt the pattern and copy the most details from their best next example (Like DR and PR).

For what robin(Bachata) the wonder boy wants from his left behind US of A and common wealth territory in the DR, there's also what the same denizens would like to see from the developing DR back a home, like being able to have small appliances and electronics/wares repaired without having to go out and buy a new one or paying about the same for the repairs. The stories of repair in the developed world could make for a terror movie of sorts...

There's an exchange to be paid for that development and the sacrificial lamb is none other than the cultural identity of the people. Truly said by a many scholars, within the next 100 years of development being in NYC or Beijin, Moscow, New Delhi or Santo Domingo for that matter, won't be much difference from the perspective of infrastructure and development. What little difference you'll find will be centered towards people's policies that deal with the cultural affinity of the place you're at.

It's also well established that the late comers into the development infrastructure will also boast the most advancement over the old world leaders and today's most developed nations.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
What's in your mind???

Spraying some pesticide, grilling up Bstn steak $ 25. Bucks value pack and listening music in my back yard before to go to work!

First world low range employee.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I think it has more to do with the perception of being a third world than the reality in how the developing world is seen from the first worlder's perspective.

There are pronounced differences on how many nations develop, some do it in spite of having a great cultural attachment to their roots (like India and China) whilst others just adopt the pattern and copy the most details from their best next example (Like DR and PR).

For what robin(Bachata) the wonder boy wants from his left behind US of A and common wealth territory in the DR, there's also what the same denizens would like to see from the developing DR back a home, like being able to have small appliances and electronics/wares repaired without having to go out and buy a new one or paying about the same for the repairs. The stories of repair in the developed world could make for a terror movie of sorts...

There's an exchange to be paid for that development and the sacrificial lamb is none other than the cultural identity of the people. Truly said by a many scholars, within the next 100 years of development being in NYC or Beijin, Moscow, New Delhi or Santo Domingo for that matter, won't be much difference from the perspective of infrastructure and development. What little difference you'll find will be centered towards people's policies that deal with the cultural affinity of the place you're at.

It's also well established that the late comers into the development infrastructure will also boast the most advancement over the old world leaders and today's most developed nations.

Agreed with you Pichardo, I love DR and some time I'll retire over there but in the mean time I'm enjoying the first world life style.
I have so many material things (goods) that never thought when in DR I would able to buy... That is the huge difference here a poor can have what only rich people can afford in DR.

JJ

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Agreed with you Pichardo, I love DR and some time I'll retire over there but in the mean time I'm enjoying the first world life style.
I have so many material things (goods) that never thought when in DR I would able to buy... That is the huge difference here a poor can have what only rich people can afford in DR.

JJ

Ah! The more sense why Europeans can afford the BMWs and Benz's over how most Americans can't?

Platano does not equals Apple Pie!

Affordability has not much to do with wealth but how much or less restrictions are in the way to obtain it.

You paid USD$ for those stakes you BBQ in the states, but did you read up the ingredients and added chemicals?

The "poor" in the DR that can't afford a backup generator/inverter or outright buy a nice two door 52 cubic feet fridge, must go and buy a piece of just cut meat at their local butcher's store and quickly cook it...

Guess who's the poor folk above?

Ah!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The DR,is "FIRST" in some things!
Like trans shipping cocaine!
Just got yet another 800 p-lus kilo bust yesterday.
It was inside tobacco leaves being sent to Spain.
No wonder I can't seem to stop smoking Dominican cigars!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
So what's the same in the first,second and third world?

When people rob banks, they go to jail.
When banks rob people, they get a bonus.

To me it looks like all tree worlds have the same problem.
Until that problem is solved, the whole world is going for third place.

Nighty night

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
-----
Ah! The more sense why Europeans can afford the BMWs and Benz's over how most Americans can't?

Should you not have said,

Ah! The more sense why Europeans can afford the BMWs and Benz's over how most Dominicans can't?

I could have purchased any car I wanted when I lived in the US, but a BMW or Mercedes were never on my list.