Elton John

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For the first time in the Dominican Republic, Elton John will be having a concert in Cap Cana.

J97mRAG.png

American Express customers have the possibility of getting priority seats reserved just for them. It's not clear if this only apply to holders of American Express Dominican Republic cards or American Express issued from any country. Those wanting to take advantage of this, it has its own dedicated link.

J97mA9s.jpg

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Elton John was here in February 2014 at Altos de Chavon. For the concert in Cap Cana, there are only 3000 tickets available and American Express card holders will have early access before they go on sale to the general public but I will be surprised if there will be any tickets left for the general public with just 3000 tickets available!

Jan 9, 2004
Elton John was here in February 2014 at Altos de Chavon. For the concert in Cap Cana, there are only 3000 tickets available and American Express card holders will have early access before they go on sale to the general public but I will be surprised if there will be any tickets left for the general public with just 3000 tickets available!
Yes he was...............at Altos de Chavon.

At $830 USD for a general admission ticket for the October show at El Dorado, I wish those promoters well.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Yes he was...............at Altos de Chavon.

At $830 USD for a general admission ticket for the October show at El Dorado, I wish those promoters well.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
That's almost 2.5m. I wonder how much Elton gets of that?

Jan 9, 2004
That's almost 2.5m. I wonder how much Elton gets of that?
That is just for the cheapest tickets. The top tickets are 124,000 pesos.

My wife's prima, who also plays with the Santo Domingo symphony, has been asked to play as part of his back-up accompaniment.

He probably has a fixed price plus expenses (travel/hotel etc.)

Must be the same people who priced Katmandu Park adult tickets @ $129.00 USD.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
That is just for the cheapest tickets. The top tickets are 124,000 pesos.

My wife's prima, who also plays with the Santo Domingo symphony, has been asked to play as part of his back-up accompaniment.

He probably has a fixed price plus expenses (travel/hotel etc.)

Must be the same people who priced Katmandu Park adult tickets @ $129.00 USD.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
124k to have old crotchety Elton get mad at the audience, throw a hissy fit and walk off the stage

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Elton John entering into that kind of a deal with American Express??
I am shocked and to be honest...disappointed.
My sentiments may be way off base but...does he really need such a deal at this stage of his life?
The dreaded "sell out" comes to mind.
Et tu Elton?
Anyway...I always like early Elton John the best.

Reactions: Lucifer

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
My sentiments may be way off base but...does he really need such a deal at this stage of his life?
Et tu Elton?

I very much doubt that he had anything to do with a deal with American Express, it was most likely the Dominican based promotors. I have gone to many events in the past here in the DR where I received a preferred ticket rate for having a Dominican based Visa card. Many events have special deals with promotors and credit card companies.

Reactions: keepcoming
Jan 9, 2004
I very much doubt that he had anything to do with a deal with American Express, it was most likely the Dominican based promotors. I have gone to many events in the past here in the DR where I received a preferred ticket rate for having a Dominican based Visa card. Many events have special deals with promotors and credit card companies.
AMEX has been affiliated for years with Elton John with pre-sale tickets available for its card holders................ditto many other major musical world tours. The promoters in the DR likely had nothing to say in the matter.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: tee

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
That's approx $2200 USD per ticket. If you add up every concert I went to in my life I did not spend 2200.
I'm sure he still puts on a pretty good show (minus the hissy fit) but these days I don't spend 2200 in a month and I eat and drink well.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
That's approx $2200 USD per ticket. If you add up every concert I went to in my life I did not spend 2200.
I'm sure he still puts on a pretty good show (minus the hissy fit) but these days I don't spend 2200 in a month and I eat and drink well.
Up scale target that include some locals and tourist in Punta Cana.

Jan 9, 2004
Didnt he just finish his Farewell Tour a couple months back > ? lol

here it is

Bless him though , he is very talented .. Hope he performs for years to come
This is just a continuation of that tour.

I believe his final concert will be in Sweden.

Of course, if he end up like the WHO.............he will have multiple final tours

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: jd426 and JD Jones

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
That was in our times Sir. Taylor Swift Tickets start today at 500$ and go up to 7,000$. It's not our world anymore.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
That was in our times Sir. Taylor Swift Tickets start today at 500$ and go up to 7,000$. It's not our world anymore.
I am Routinely paying $400 + for decent tickets .. I guess we are Poor and dont even know it ..

I lucked out tho on a Styx Concert recently and got FRONT Row Seats for $150 ( I spent more than that on tolls, gas, Food and drinks that night)
, but that was the biggest Score for me this year, 3 Concerts in so far

I would never spend $1000 for a ticket for anyone tho.. thats nuts .. I guess that is my Ceiling.

The EAGLES Tickets are running in the $2000 range for a decent ticket, and they are playing many nights. Nosebleed Tickets are in the $400 range
I just dont get it . Where is this Money going ? Scalpers I guess are getting filthy Rich off of us .

Reactions: Lucifer

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Went to one of his concerts years ago, he performed with Kiki Dee. Tickets are expensive but I am not surprised. Prices are much, much more than way back when.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Et tu Elton?

I remember reading that when John Lennon first heard "Your Song", he was very impressed with EJ's vocals.
Later on, they became compadres.

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I first saw Elton John during the Yellow Brick Road album tour at SPAC in NY state. The band was great .
My friend with us had a girlfriend who never heard that album before and was not impressed with the intro and Love Lies Bleeding.
She was a dim bulb.

I also saw Billy Joel in a small venue, Palace Theater in Albany, and was blown away by his abilities as a singer and player.
Was it better than Elton's show? To me it was and I had never even heard of Billy Joel before the college roommate of my
eventual first wife told me I had to go and see Billy. Mona was from the Long Island, NY and she was right about Billy.

I saw both of Billy and Elton play together where I could compare them both directly. Billy still had it and Elton was already sounding a bit hoarse and this was MANY years ago. I will be satisfied with remembering them both at their peaks and will pass on his last hurrah. I really did like Elton, just not quite as much as Billy. I think Billy was both a better player and writer , and Billy wrote both the words and music to his songs.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Agree with Windy on Billy. I missed their last concert tour together. A former DR1er invited me, but I couldn't make it.