🎶Bottle of red, bottle of white 🎼

Quite a night they had!!
I hope it was an Italian Restaurant.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
what a disgrace ... I guess they are trying to keep out the riff raff
Those folks have barely heard of EJ.
(They even joke about someone with two first names: "Oye eso: di'que Elton John... y ni lo sabe e'cribí: poniendo la 'H' donde no va".)

They are of the opinion that Dominican rapper, Mozart La Para, should file a lawsuit against some Austrian dude named Amadeus... for naming himself after the former without proper approval and/or monetary compensation.

In addition, the same set of folks think that Dominican rapper, El Alfa, and bachata singer, Romeo Santos, should demand a particular Italian automobile manufacturer to cease and desist on the use of their names.

The same fans are particularly incensed that, and I quote, "the best-selling book in history took advantage of the popularity of their idols' names," the aforementioned El Alfa, and merenguero-de-calle, Omega el Fuerte, to promote a chapter labeled 'Revelation,' specifically section 22:13.

Finally, these folks are happy that their idols are able to fill up Estadio Quisqueya to capacity, with all 25,000 fans comfortably seating in the dugouts and field seats, and that EJ dude is only relegated to puny, little Wembley Stadium, out in Bumfcuk, Egypt.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Lucifer, You forgot Elvis.

Romeo Santos does sell out stadiums in the US. I have no idea why. but he is popular.
Good and popular are often very different things. Revelations indeed.

Reactions: Lucifer

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Those folks have barely heard of EJ.
(They even joke about someone with two first names: "Oye eso: di'que Elton John... y ni lo sabe e'cribí: poniendo la 'H' donde no va".)

They are of the opinion that Dominican rapper, Mozart La Para, should file a lawsuit against some Austrian dude named Amadeus... for naming himself after the former without proper approval and/or monetary compensation.

In addition, the same set of folks think that Dominican rapper, El Alfa, and bachata singer, Romeo Santos, should demand a particular Italian automobile manufacturer to cease and desist on the use of their names.

The same fans are particularly incensed that, and I quote, "the best-selling book in history took advantage of the popularity of their idols' names," the aforementioned El Alfa, and merenguero-de-calle, Omega el Fuerte, to promote a chapter labeled 'Revelation,' specifically section 22:13.

Finally, these folks are happy that their idols are able to fill up Estadio Quisqueya to capacity, with all 25,000 fans comfortably seating in the dugouts and field seats, and that EJ dude is only relegated to puny, little Wembley Stadium, out in Bumfcuk, Egypt.
I understand i just think its a disgrace even in MSG the price is 200- 400 for tickets ...

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Lucifer, You forgot Elvis.

Romeo Santos does sell out stadiums in the US. I have no idea why. but he is popular.
Good and popular are often very different things. Revelations indeed.
Wow! I did forget Elvis. And Frank, too!

The legions of fans of bachata singers, Elvis Martínez and Frank Reyes, believe that the hip-gyrating dude from Tupelo and that wannabe crooner from Hoboken should stop using their idols' names.

They love to shout from the azotea tops that "El mundo se está dominicanizando".

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I like both Franks. But Reyes moved out because "he was not being appreciated enough" here on the island of Hispaniola.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is why:

I have heard the music. It isn't a good reason for me, but yes, my wife loves his music. I just close the door or go to another room.
I very much dislike the way he sings, so I won't subject myself to that torture.

Gimme Elton, Billy, Frank Reyes or Elvis Martinez anytime over that.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
...my wife loves his music. I just close the door or go to another room.

95aaa8772ebe956b33e3434281d47fb3.jpg

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
While I do like bachata overall, there's only one tune that I enjoy by Romeo, and that's Necio, featuring the unmistakable guitar riffs produced by none other than Carlos Santana.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
While I do like bachata overall, there's only one tune that I enjoy by Romeo, and that's Necio, featuring the unmistakable guitar riffs produced by none other than Carlos Santana.
Oh, my! How did I forget?

The duets with Luis Vargas, Teodoro Reyes, and El Chaval are some of my favorites, as well.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Mr AE isn’t a bachata fan, he’s an old school merengue lover and says bachata was low class back in the day. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Our son, on the other hand, discovered Aventura when he was undergrad at Rutgers (late 1990s) and I remember him dragging Mr AE with him to a small local bar outside of Atlantic City where they were performing. Way before anyone else heard of them.

And right now I’m listening to the 30 greatest from above post, and Mr AE is humming and singing along. Times change. 😂

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Mr AE isn’t a bachata fan, he’s an old school merengue lover and says bachata was low class back in the day. 🤷🏻‍♀️
This is of course true. Bachata was the music of the Cabarets and the dancing style was considered lascivious and was geared towards the whores and men who were cheating on their wives.