Covid -19 infections skyrocketed in DR. They ask not to lower our guard against covid in America, due to a new variant and an increase in cases

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Much of Latin America registers a rebound in covid-19 cases after the end of the year celebrations

Covid -19 infections skyrocketed in the last week in the Dominican Republic with 793 cases, 541 more than the previous week, the highest number reported in recent m

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Everyone we know in DR seems to be very sick right now, I don’t think they even know exactly with what, but many are spending days in bed Lots of upper respiratory problems.

Mr AE had a bad bout of Covid in December, he’s still not 100%. Still packing a punch for some.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I stayed away from DR1 forum for a good while..... now I remember why.
So, go back to sleep.The universe is split on si O no on the virus/vaccine/Fauci. It is what it is and nobody, especially the newly minted doctors that graduated from Google Medical,know the answers. Deal with it.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Everyone we know in DR seems to be very sick right now, I don’t think they even know exactly with what, but many are spending days in bed Lots of upper respiratory problems.

Mr AE had a bad bout of Covid in December, he’s still not 100%. Still packing a punch for some.
That might be the so called "long term COVID." I don't think there is an end for that.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
That might be the so called "long term COVID." I don't think there is an end for that.
Having spent the last couple of years some time in the DR and some in Denmark it definitely feels like it’s harder to get over it again in a cold climate. Simply takes longer to recover.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Much of Latin America registers a rebound in covid-19 cases after the end of the year celebrations

Covid -19 infections skyrocketed in the last week in the Dominican Republic with 793 cases, 541 more than the previous week, the highest number reported in recent m
Yes we know.
We're all going to die from Covid or the vaccine... so pick one.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
What ever I just recovered from took 8 pounds from me. Coughing is a great workout.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
If only the media and políticos would let us "live with it" and let doctors prescribe what they think best without fear of losing a license
I guess it bothers you more than me. It is what it is, I do what is best for me and my family. It is not healthy mentally to continue to stress about something one has no control over. Like I said I do what I think works for me/my family.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You might want to look at some of the Chicken Littles who post they're preparing with masks and sanitizer and ready to line up for the next dangerous vaccine
Why do you call them "chicken littles"? Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts/methods regarding this. Whether I agree or not, I would not criticize someone else for how they think or handle something like this.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
You know what would have happened if the Covid outbrake were detected at the 12th of September 2001.... N O T H I N G.

Reactions: Big

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018
Were still taking flu shots for Spanish flu from 1918
Its your chose to get that shot,
Just good to know about cases in Dominican, as I planning of coming down soon for another month
Thanks for update Dr1 team