Covid -19 infections skyrocketed in DR. They ask not to lower our guard against covid in America, due to a new variant and an increase in cases

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Why do you call them "chicken littles"? Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts/methods regarding this. Whether I agree or not, I would not criticize someone else for how they think or handle something like this.
The ones who spread fear of another wave of Covid are the ones who see the sky falling. It was true the first time and it will be true the next.
Some people seem to want a crisis.
The media are the most infamous of those who told us people were keeling over in the streets of China and being welded in their homes.
Remember the 45,000 ventilators at $45,000 each (normal price $16,000) , even ordering General Motors to make them, when they never built one before.
How about the hospital ships ordered to NY that were never used.
Remember ports were closed to foreign ships as longshoremen were ordered to stay home and ships waited in harbors by the hundreds for months.
Tourism was shut down, businesses failed, evictions halted (never mind the landlords who were stiffed) and essential people (soldiers and first responders) fired from jobs for refusing an untested vaccine.
The World was subject to "The Sky is Falling" insanity once - we can never let the Chicken Little mental virus to take hold again.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The ones who spread fear of another wave of Covid are the ones who see the sky falling. It was true the first time and it will be true the next.
The media are the most infamous of those who told us people were keeling over in the streets of China and being welded in their homes.
Remember the 45,000 ventilators at $45,000 each (normal price $16,000) , even ordering General Motors to make them, when they never built one before.
Remember ports were closed to foreign ships as longshoremen were ordered to stay home and ships waited in harbors by the hundreds for months.
Tourism was shut down, businesses failed, evictions halted (never mind the landlords who were stiffed) and essential people (soldiers and first responders) fired from jobs for refusing an untested vaccine.
The World was subject to "The Sky is Falling" insanity once - we can never let the Chicken Little mental virus to take hold again.
I think we are all well aware of what happened. Everyone has an opinion on it, but honestly the topic gets old. Things are always printed in the press/media, etc....that's life. This is one of the reasons why the topic stays in news, people take what they see or hear and run with it. Again, you can only do what is best for you.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Darn media ! They even got people believing birds are real 😂

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I think we are all well aware of what happened. Everyone has an opinion on it, but honestly the topic gets old. Things are always printed in the press/media, etc....that's life. This is one of the reasons why the topic stays in news, people take what they see or hear and run with it. Again, you can only do what is best for you.

NOW of course its easy for people to claim we all know what happened,, Hindsight is 20 20 of course ..
Butt those of us who Early on were aware of exactly what was going on and what would happen next and where it came from, were ALL ridiculed and called Conspiracy Theory Nut Jobs. The Media completely Controlled the Story and they are Evil to the Core.
Those were not just out Opinions, they were based on FACTS .
We never got any type of acknowledgement , nor do we give 2 shets at this Point .
We were ridiculed even by our Own Families, don't think we will ever forget that .
Again, those who had it EARLY, some People truly Looked death in the Face and I truly admire those People and their Courage,, Those who survived it and still were called idiots for refusing the Vaccines.
MANY LOST THEIR JOBS because they REFUSED the Vaccines.. I admire those People most of all.

Some people have no shame though . The big Pharm industry certainly has absolutely NO shame in peddling their Krap.
Like That Song by Steppenwold
the lyrics go
" God damn, The Pusher

I said God damn, God, God damn The Pusher man "

end of rant

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yes the topic is old. But it's important to realize they fooled the world once and their setting us up again like bowling pins to be knocked down again.

Like the Greatful Dead sang:

"Set up like a bowling pin
Knocked down, it gets to wearing thin..."

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It's understandable some people are defensive of the macanations they put us through and how some even helped push the narrative and scolded others.

We were cajoled, threatened, made to wear nasty masks, take experimental drugs, pay for tests, get letters we were clear of infection, stand on 1-meter seperation stickers like school children, show vaccination cards (real or forged), limited in our travel and most willing complied as 'good cituzens'.

It's hard to admit how we allowed ourselves to be manipulated, duped, screwed and not feel embarrassed and stupid.
I get that and why some people don't want to let go and are still defensive - because it means admitting to being foolish. It wouldn't be the first time for me. "I want to testify" (Robin and the 7 Hoods)

As the 20's came to an end it was hard for some college students to let go and stop wearing their raccoon coats until it became so embarrassing to continue - they were finally hung up for the moths.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
you are an amazing forward-thinking person. Clearly a leader of men.
Au contraire, big shot.
I'm just a law-abiding nincompoop - a loser of a man, usually late on rent, having the worst teeth this side of Appalachia, but with one redeeming quality: I can quote Karl Marx and Christopher Hitchens in two languages.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Au contraire, big shot.
I'm just a law-abiding nincompoop - a loser of a man, usually late on rent, having the worst teeth this side of Appalachia, but with one redeeming quality: I can quote Karl Marx and Christopher Hitchens in two languages.
well good Sir. I cannot help you with your invertebrate ideology. I can however recommend a good maxillofacial surgeon in the Santo Domingo area that does excellent work at a fair price.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Had it 3 times....gripe was much worse...unvacinated.
Had in February 2020 just before it became a fad. I died like three or four times during all the chaos but somehow I kept coming back to life and lived to tell the tale.

(in my spookiest sounding voice)
It was a day just like today...

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Au contraire, big shot.
This is some deep end of the pool shite. And here I was thinking you just replied to my posts that way.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Had in February 2020 just before it became a fad. I died like three or four times during all the chaos but somehow I kept coming back to life and lived to tell the tale.

(in my spookiest sounding voice)
It was a day just like today...

Just curious What was the exact date when you got tested ,and when did they contact you to give you the results , and what questions did they ask you ?
do you remember.

Or were they not yet testing yet in Feb ?
I vividly recall my dates , and the Doctors were all in full body Hazmat Suits as we DROVE UP to the Tents , and did NOT get out of the Car ,, nose Swab through the Drivers Side Window .. it was like something in a Movie ..
What a Drama with Security up the ass .
My Biggest Fear at that time was NOT the Virus itself . but the possibility of these Crazy nut jobs maybe dragging us out of our Cars and taking is to some Fema CAMP.. I was assuming they knew the test results immediately but were just making up the 3 days to get the results story .
not shitting you. The Symptoms had already passed so was not fearing death .

So I would not call it a Fad, more like a Scene from some Movie like Contagion..