Covid -19 infections skyrocketed in DR. They ask not to lower our guard against covid in America, due to a new variant and an increase in cases

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Probably it is tiresome to the majority. Guess after WWII and other crimes most people did not care about coming to terms about the guilties and did not follow the trials.
Most simply push away negative thoughts especially if they recommended others and their family to get the poison injection. Denial is a self protection of the brain. They do not want to live with feelings of guilt for the rest of their life.

The topic will constantly pop up and will not go away in our lifetime.

Alexander
You really need to stop... This is not about "WWII or any other crimes". Nor is it about guilt, self-protection of the brain, etc.. Your post is a prime example of why this topic is tiresome. Pushing an agenda negative or positive gets old. Now move on...

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Is any of those conspiracies DR related anyway. The only DR covid/pandemic conspiracy was that the government pretended to do something but just did everything necessary to keep the tourism industry going.

• Haha
Reactions: drstock and jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The new strain is exactly that, a new strain. A new vaccine shot is required, not a booster. Get it or don’t get it. Vaccinations were a matter of personal choice when Covid began and they still are , except for China.
I've had Covid twice and I'm looking forward to catching the new variant as soon as possible in order to continue building a stronger immune system because lord only knows what they'll throw at us next.
The long term damage so far has been with my memory. It ain't quite what it used to be but such is life.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Is any of those conspiracies DR related anyway. The only DR covid/pandemic conspiracy was that the government pretended to do something but just did everything necessary to keep the tourism industry going.
Don’t agree. I was once told by the police to keep my mask on outside. Another time I saw them spraying sidewalks with shit. Stay healthy Boca Chica 👍🏼

Reactions: jd426

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You really need to stop... This is not about "WWII or any other crimes". Nor is it about guilt, self-protection of the brain, etc.. Your post is a prime example of why this topic is tiresome. Pushing an agenda negative or positive gets old. Now move on...
Wait a minute here. Amazing the info you can pick up on these “Medical “ threads here. Now I know if I am having chest pains I do NOT call my Doctor, Too dangerous, maybe I will call my car mechanic. Also I don’t ever have to take any more medication. Don’t want to put any money in “ Big Pharma” anymore.
Sure there is a lot more to come on this informative thread……….

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I had a neighbor down the street from me spraying his house with Chlorine during the height of the pandemic.
The guy has a PhD in a Science discipline... And so it goes.

• Haha
Reactions: Big and NanSanPedro

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I've had Covid twice and I'm looking forward to catching the new variant as soon as possible in order to continue building a stronger immune system because lord only knows what they'll throw at us next.
The long term damage so far has been with my memory. It ain't quite what it used to be but such is life.
Many people I’ve talked to have reported some degree of memory loss after a bad bout of Covid. Mine isn’t what it used to be and I’ve never had Covid. I chalk it up to aging. A good friend of mine, a retired teacher, was hospitalized with Covid last year. His daughter called me and asked me to check on him. I found him laid out on his living floor, dehydrated, incoherent, and suffering from a lack of proper nutrition. All these effects occurred within two days of him contracting Covid.

He’s still not 100%. His short term memory and ability to focus has diminished but his long term memory is still good. His lower body strength has come back to the point where he can walk again but his upper body strength is very bad. He has a respite care worker assisting him 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. It enables him to stay in his home. If he loses his ability to walk, he would need to go into a nursing home. His house has two flights of stairs.

His Covid shots and boosters were up to date and his doctor said that’s why he is still alive.
We just had the new vaccine shots and the government is now saying those at high risk, seniors, immune system compromised, those with COPD, etc., will get another booster this Spring. I’m in that group.

Careful what you wish for because the new variant is very powerful and it spreads quickly. Getting it and surviving is one thing. Coping with the long term effects is a whole different ball game.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Diet and exercise. If that doesn't work, try exercise and diet.
I try to exercise every day now. Either weights at the gym, swmming or a long walk. I am staying in Santo Domingo now and go to the Body Shop Gym. Weights at Body Shop in Bella Vista and swimming at Body Shop in Naco. Diet is not going as well haha

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I try to exercise every day now. Either weights at the gym, swmming or a long walk. I am staying in Santo Domingo now and go to the Body Shop Gym. Weights at Body Shop in Bella Vista and swimming at Body Shop in Naco. Diet is not going as well haha
One thing that helps me keep my act together is back pain. All the PT and chiropracty didn't do squat for me until I lost 35 or so lbs. Losing the weight made all the difference in the world. Before, there were times I was screaming at clouds because of the pain. I was also taking 3200 miligrams/day of ibuprogen. That's all behind me now and I don't want to go back.

Now, having said that sheet, I just got on the scale this morning after taking 6 weeks off. I have gained 12 pounds since Dec 3. So yea, it's back to the grind for me today.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
One thing that helps me keep my act together is back pain. All the PT and chiropracty didn't do squat for me until I lost 35 or so lbs. Losing the weight made all the difference in the world. Before, there were times I was screaming at clouds because of the pain. I was also taking 3200 miligrams/day of ibuprogen. That's all behind me now and I don't want to go back.

Now, having said that sheet, I just got on the scale this morning after taking 6 weeks off. I have gained 12 pounds since Dec 3. So yea, it's back to the grind for me today.
I can recommend swimming Nan.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Many people I’ve talked to have reported some degree of memory loss after a bad bout of Covid. Mine isn’t what it used to be and I’ve never had Covid. I chalk it up to aging. A good friend of mine, a retired teacher, was hospitalized with Covid last year. His daughter called me and asked me to check on him. I found him laid out on his living floor, dehydrated, incoherent, and suffering from a lack of proper nutrition. All these effects occurred within two days of him contracting Covid.

He’s still not 100%. His short term memory and ability to focus has diminished but his long term memory is still good. His lower body strength has come back to the point where he can walk again but his upper body strength is very bad. He has a respite care worker assisting him 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. It enables him to stay in his home. If he loses his ability to walk, he would need to go into a nursing home. His house has two flights of stairs.

His Covid shots and boosters were up to date and his doctor said that’s why he is still alive.
We just had the new vaccine shots and the government is now saying those at high risk, seniors, immune system compromised, those with COPD, etc., will get another booster this Spring. I’m in that group.

Careful what you wish for because the new variant is very powerful and it spreads quickly. Getting it and surviving is one thing. Coping with the long term effects is a whole different ball game.
I cant remember if i lost my memory

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I cant remember if i lost my memory
I think we just get more memory selective as we age and don’t retain the crap we had to when we were younger. I’ve got a lot of stick it notes on my fridge. Probably could use a bigger fridge.

Less tolerance of aggravating people is also a nice side effect of aging. The Irish do it the best. “The back of my hand to you”, pretty much says it all. 😁

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
The new strain is exactly that, a new strain. A new vaccine shot is required, not a booster. Get it or don’t get it. Vaccinations were a matter of personal choice when Covid began and they still are , except for China.

Open borders are keeping Covid circulating around the world. It’s not going away like the hype surrounding it. Something will probably kill you before Covid and now, medical assisted dying is the trendy available thing in North America.

One of my friends with terminal cancer departed last week laughing and joking with his family and the medical staff. Took him a minute to die after the injection. He and I were diagnosed with cancer at the same time. His spread. Mine didn’t. Luck of the draw. If I was in his position, I would opt for MAID. It certainly puts Covid into perspective.

Get on with your lives. Don’t waste time talking and worrying about Covid. Covid threads like overstay threads are getting tiresome. There is a lot more happening in daily DR life to discuss.

Probably it is tiresome to the majority. Guess after WWII and other crimes most people did not care about coming to terms about the guilties and did not follow the trials.
Most simply push away negative thoughts especially if they recommended others and their family to get the poison injection. Denial is a self protection of the brain. They do not want to live with feelings of guilt for the rest of their life.

The topic will constantly pop up and will not go away in our lifetime.

Alexander
the pandemic of 1918, was the H1N1 virus and is still with us... and it came from the USA and nobody talks about it today and it was a real killer... I caught it about 10 years ago in the US. If that one comes back as a pandemic... run...

Reactions: thompstr

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I cant remember if i lost my

the pandemic of 1918, was the H1N1 virus and is still with us... and it came from the USA and nobody talks about it today and it was a real killer... I caught it about 10 years ago in the US. If that one comes back as a pandemic... run...
I had this flu/virus I think it was in 2008-9. I still remember it as the worst I ever had. No idea which one it was. It was here in Santo Domingo. I thought I was going to die.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I had this flu/virus I think it was in 2008-9. I still remember it as the worst I ever had. No idea which one it was. It was here in Santo Domingo. I thought I was going to die.
yes the H1N1 was going around then...when I had it Felt like it was sucking the life out of me... when to the local emergency room and requested tamiflu was better in 2 days, and that was in Wisconsin USA...here with no tamiflu you could die as it causes your lungs to bleed and bleed out in about 2 days

• Wow